blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 08:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273257 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Taxi for Benitez
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taxi for Benitez  (Read 5696 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »

Goons cant win at home .... thats a shame.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2008, 01:03:36 AM »

Would they have defended the same way with 11?  I think they'd have been slightly more offensive, and therefore there would have been more gaps for Liverpool to try and exploit.

Inter obv got down to 10 men as its the best chance they stood, everyone knows that teams with 10 men are harder to beat than teams with 11.....

Inter are a far superior side, i didn't get to see last nights game but it sounds like a freak result, a bit like Barnsley

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

Would they have defended the same way with 11?  I think they'd have been slightly more offensive, and therefore there would have been more gaps for Liverpool to try and exploit.

Inter obv got down to 10 men as its the best chance they stood, everyone knows that teams with 10 men are harder to beat than teams with 11.....

Inter are a far superior side, i didn't get to see last nights game but it sounds like a freak result, a bit like Barnsley

Not a freak result as Liverpool completely dominated them.  Freak result as in Liverpool winning a match, then yes you're right.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »

Hmm freak result, that a bit of poetic license. If you look at the teams respective European records in the last few years you would make Liverpool faves for the tie.

Admittedly I made Inter faves going into Tuesday game, but it was by no means a certainty. Freak result describe the defeat to Barnsley not to describe a team that have beaten Barca, Juve and Chelsea twice in this competition in recent years.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 07:30:02 PM »

Freak result describe the defeat to Barnsley not to describe a team that have beaten Barca, Juve and Chelsea twice in this competition in recent years.

There was nothing 'freak' about the result against Barnsley to be honest.  It wasn't even the worst we've played this season.  Consistent in Europe, all over the place in the league and domestic cups.

The win against Inter wasn't unexpected at all.  How completely ineffective they were as an attacking force was strange though (even with 10 men).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: