blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Macca v Haye is on
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macca v Haye is on  (Read 1293 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »

Looking forward to this one.

An all-British title fight between Enzo Maccarinelli and David Haye has been confirmed for March 8.

Promoter Frank Warren announced the cruiserweight contest between WBO world champion Maccarinelli and newly crowned WBC/WBA world champion Haye.

Swansea's Maccarinelli last fought on the Joe Calzaghe-Mikkel Kessler undercard in November, stopping Mohamed Azzaoui in the fourth round.

He said: "I'm delighted that Haye has finally put pen to paper and the fight is happening. There is nothing like a big fight between the top two British fighters in the division to get the public excited.

"I believe that this will rival, if not better the Nigel Benn-Chris Eubank epics. We are both big punchers but I believe that I am the hardest hitter out of the two of us. Once I drop Haye he won't be getting up."

Londoner Haye had to get up from the canvas to sensationally stop Jean Marc Mormeck in the seventh round and claim the WBC and WBA titles in November.

Haye said: "This will be the modern day Benn-Eubank. I'm glad that politics have been put to one side and that Frank Warren and my manager Adam Booth have made the fight happen.

"I feel that it is my duty as world champion to fight the very best and I guarantee that I will knock out Maccarinelli to convince the few doubters that I am the best cruiserweight that Britain has ever produced."

Maccarinelli has stopped 21 of his 29 opponents with 16 coming inside the first three rounds, while Haye has halted 19 of his 21 opponents early with 14 inside the first three rounds.

Warren said: "If there is one fight I would buy a ticket to watch it would be Maccarinelli-Haye.

"I'm in the business of delivering big fights and this is certainly a real fight for the boxing fans and media and one that they have been clamouring for.

"It has all the ingredients for a potentially thrilling fight: two big names, both huge punchers, both have been put down but got up to win and plenty of pride at stake."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

thumbs up

Will be a corker!  I guess the money men did their job this time.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

Purse must be a biggy - Haye was pretty adamant he couldn't stay at that weight any longer after his last fight, and in his own words said he had no legs at that weight - and he's now getting in the ring with the biggest hitter in the division!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 06:29:25 PM »

Got to put Maccarinelli as the favourite, but with two big punchers in the ring anything can happen. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 02:47:56 AM »

I'll be backing Maccarinelli as its at cruiserweight and he is a nice odds against price.  Haye is taking a big risk here as he has to starve himself to make the weight.  I guess money talks at the end of the day.  Don't think this one will go to the scorecards.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »

I'm going to have to stop watching boxing on setanta if they keep up with their advertising policy!

This guy has come to throw some punches.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »

By the time I grab my books and I give myself a look I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by...

Next round, then bring on a big one.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:03 AM »

Good performance by Haye, be interesting to see him step up to true world class at heavyweight. Seems to have the power for the job.
Thekellster89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »

will get owned at heavyweight imo

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

will get owned at heavyweight imo

He didn't last weekend did he?

Who is going to 'own' him?  There is a paucity of talent in the heavyweight division, and the Klitschko brothers aren't exactly the scariest opponents - and they're probably the best there is out there at the moment.  It's an ideal time for him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: