blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272895 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Speed Camera signs on M1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Speed Camera signs on M1  (Read 4638 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »

Well fk his life, and fk mine if ive done same, did pretty much a ton home from dtd to rochdale, apart from the roadwork cameras, none came up on satnav and no1 seems to slow down for the ones mentioned
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »

Well fk his life, and fk mine if ive done same, did pretty much a ton home from dtd to rochdale, apart from the roadwork cameras, none came up on satnav and no1 seems to slow down for the ones mentioned
Cos there not up yet innit.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 05:39:08 PM »

Lol im sure there was some up, not sure lol, ahh well you all eased my mind, dont have to feel like im fading the post for the next 2 week now anyway
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »

Cos there not up yet innit.

I think a few between J25 and J26 are up (there are now cameras in the gantry) - but they're not active yet. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »

They do flash so if it was dark you will know you have been caught.  Tougher to be sure during the day though

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »

They do flash so if it was dark you will know you have been caught.  Tougher to be sure during the day though

Yes, they are effectively the same as Gatso cameras at the side of the road.  So if you trip them, you get the double-flash.

Was on the A1 between Grantham and Stamford last weekend, and going pretty quickly at one point.  I come up to the speed camera, and make sure I'm doing 70.  At that very moment a Focus ST that I've just gone by decides he wants to show me how fast he can go, and zooms up behind me just at the point he passes the camera - flash-flash whoops!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »

I know of someone who didn't realise there were cameras and sped through 8 in a row on the M42, insta gg license, £600 fine and 18 month ban I think

Sounds like he had a bad lawyer to me.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=54818&view=findpost&p=507586

Sandy
Foggy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »

Just for future reference the are fitting the same system on the M6 between junction 9 and the Hilton Park service station

Happy Motoring
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:02 PM »

No recession in the speed camera business, then again they have no problem finding money for stuff nobody wants or voted for.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 06:26:04 AM »

I know of someone who didn't realise there were cameras and sped through 8 in a row on the M42, insta gg license, £600 fine and 18 month ban I think

Sounds like he had a bad lawyer to me.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=54818&view=findpost&p=507586

Sandy

lol yeah was going to say as long as he didnt dip below limit surely its just 1 fine

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: