blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Help please from London cash players.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help please from London cash players.  (Read 1757 times)
gouty

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »

A couple of us are gonna pop up on the train tomorrow night after racing from the west country and we would like to play/drink all night and get 0830 train back.

We want to play 1/2 roe if poss in a couple or 3 different places and definitely want to try the hippo at some point. I presume most paces will be packed from 9pm till 3am and roe won't be in all venues if any. My question is where should we end up from 4am till 8am that will be the busiest?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

Alex
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »

A couple of us are gonna pop up on the train tomorrow night after racing from the west country and we would like to play/drink all night and get 0830 train back.

We want to play 1/2 roe if poss in a couple or 3 different places and definitely want to try the hippo at some point. I presume most paces will be packed from 9pm till 3am and roe won't be in all venues if any. My question is where should we end up from 4am till 8am that will be the busiest?

Cheers

Alex

Empire probably if you still wanna drink.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »

Cheers

Vic
Hippo
Empire

In ascending order of booze probably sounds about right then?
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »

Fwiw I was at Hippodrome on Wednesday. Was v. quiet, sense their poker room is yet to take off. Room itself enjoyable, comfy chairs, nice big tables.

Staff yet to reach levels of professionalism one would hope for with the exception of the lovely Jilly.

Allez!!
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »

I would drop the hippo at the mo give it some time to get going ( was in there last night found it very sloe less ) I would say add the fox on to the list norm about 4 cash games running

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »

I would drop the hippo at the mo give it some time to get going ( was in there last night found it very sloe less ) I would say add the fox on to the list norm about 4 cash games running

How much 1/2 does the Fox get going though - it's mostly the lolrake 1/1 that they have.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »

Cheers

Vic
Hippo
Empire

In ascending order of booze probably sounds about right then?

yeah no clue about hippodrome but that's good order

@GreekStein on twitter.

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:08 PM »

How much 1/2 does the Fox get going though - it's mostly the lolrake 1/1 that they have.

Last couple of times iv bean down there there's bean one or two running and the chips spent most of the time in the air

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »

Last couple of times iv bean down there there's bean one or two running and the chips spent most of the time in the air

<3 beans
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »

That's the game we want. But I just seen its the Vic £300 main is on so that could be busy. A hotel should be easy enough to find? Hehehe.

My Mrs is away so I need to get my degen levels back up.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »

Cheers

Alex

Do the Empire still do that annoying thing of not letting you sit at the same cash table as a mate?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

Cheers

Alex

Do the Empire still do that annoying thing of not letting you sit at the same cash table as a mate?

I never even realised that was a rule. I was never stopped from doing it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

Cheers

Alex

many many jokes to be had about lack of friends.

xxx
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »

Cheers

Alex

Last time I played cash there me and another guy turned up post boozy lunch asked for a game and were told we had to sit at different tables. This was quite a while back.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: