blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 06:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272973 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Super 50 FT strategy spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super 50 FT strategy spot  (Read 937 times)
ruud

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »

Ok,

so 8 left from 115. Top 15 paid so comfortably ITM. 8th pay 350, 1st just shy of 3k.

We had an elongated post bubble period, meaning blinds are now 15k/30k/ 4k ante, avg is about 225k. 2 hands ago we were in the BB, with around 125k total and we GOT A WALK! to take us to 175k at the beginning of this hand on the button.

Folds to us on the button. SB is a young cap wearing loose player. He called off a big all in on the bubble with QJ against AK and won. He is clealrly just happy to have made it this far, from a few of his comments anyway. BB is a more mature gent. Have played with him numerous times and he always seems to get a stack in these things. TAG in style, only expect him to call with a hand. Both blinds have around 200k, so they just cover us.

Question, what is our opening range in this spot?
Also, the only option is to jam obviously if we play yes?!?!
My thinking is I am definitely one of the better players at the table and played well post flop all night, though post flop play is pretty much non-existent at this point.

Cheers

Ruud
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:49:17 PM by ruud » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »

Personally im shoving super wide here especially if i have not been that active on the final table due to lack of spots etc. Your guaranteed 8th place money so a healthy profit on the evening but now your short in my opinion this is the time to get a bit frisky and get a large stack or go home. With the players as you have described i would imagine SB will call quite wide but BB will fold a lot of his range so this is ok.

Im shoving any pair, any ace, any king, a lot of Qx's and slightly less Jx's. Most suited connectors and suited one gappers. We have 6 BB and in the middle there is 77k so if we win this pot with a walk we are going to be on about 250K which is above average. If someone decides to call and we win we are up above 300k huge!

TBh im probably shoving any two cards here i am not saying that is right but i would say shoving any 2 > folding in this spot.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »

shoving any two

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

I tend to look at the first one if it is a 10 or above I instantly shove without looking at the second one to save me seeing the offsuit 2 and thinking.  If it is not above a 10, then I look at the second one, if it is above a ten I shove again, if it is of the same suit I shove, if it is off suit but a number within 4 of the other card, I shove.  And if it is a pair I thank my stars and shove. If it is not any of those combinations, I think about it and probably shove.  I think the main thing is to ensure you appear composed and given the impression that you are not just shoving regardless
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »

shoving any two

How clear are you making it that you are shoving any two. Do you always make sure you look at both cards?

What value is there in the ive seen one and shove line if you know the blinds know you have done this?

I have seen a lot of people fold like QJ etc to a 5bb shove after someone saying ive seen one. Obviously people assuming that this is an A and therefore they are in bad shape... Not realizing they are not in that bad a shape etc.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »

id always look. well at least pretend very convincingly that i had! don't won't to give anybody any reason to call you if they think you're blind. just gotta be brave when you look down at the 72o and still go with it!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:10 AM »

id always look. well at least pretend very convincingly that i had! don't won't to give anybody any reason to call you if they think you're blind. just gotta be brave when you look down at the 72o and still go with it!

This. Do the old "im looking at my cards but not looking so i dont lose my balls" imo
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:22 AM »

I think the main thing is to ensure you appear composed and given the impression that you are not just shoving regardless

Any 2 here and pretty much this for good measure too.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: