blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273345 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO ROE hand.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO ROE hand.  (Read 861 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »

This hand came up in a ROE 1/1 game at dusk a few days ago, I'm going to post everything but the result (i.e. call, fold, raise etc) because I want to know if my logic is anywhere near correct, this ended up being one of those bleurgh wtf lol hands that makes so much sense at the time, but when writing it up as a hand history you quickly start to think wonder whether you're just TGWJWSU. (http://www.thehendonmob.com/alex_rousso/the_guy_who_just_wont_shut_up) LINK IS IN NO WAY RELEVANT TO THE HH.

We are OOP to Mr. Belton's button, holding the    . We flat his pot bet to £6, and we see a three way flop of  , giving us top pair, a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw. The other opponent in the hand is pretty weak, and when it's checked to belters btn, we see a bet of 14 into 21. We flat, expecting that this btn is going to get raised here a lot with all sorts of hands, so there is a chance that we have the best of it now and even if we don't, we can pick up a lot on the turn. Anyway, turn card brings the  , giving us top two. We check, s makes it 34. At this point, we we flat, which I'm starting to feel is pretty horrible. We see the  , and decide to lead out for 75, turning our hand into a bluff and expecting a lot of folds, and also blocking out a bigger raise that I may be tempted to call. As I said, this seemed like such a good idea at the time, but having written it out, I'm kinda struggling to see a justification for pretty much everything we do in this pot. O well, what does blonde have to say?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:53:45 AM »

Fold the flop, our hand isnt great there isnt gona be many turns (if any) were happy with (you felt horrible on the near best turn for us) basically cant make the nuts and were OOP. Flop just gota be a fold imo.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »

stack sizes?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:29:35 AM »

effectively roughly 300

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »

Donking and c/ring the flop are all viable options, c/c could be ok against a simple one-and-done type who doesn't barrel often but I feel you need to lead this turn as played and try to take control of the hand, protect against counterfeiting/fd getting there and rep a bare flopped nut straight reasonably well. Don't like the river lead, you never get calls from worse, I could see check-calling depending on sizing and timing and live reads.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: