blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273466 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Long term 2013-14 football market bets: Your tips please
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long term 2013-14 football market bets: Your tips please  (Read 12559 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2013, 05:44:57 PM »

I will stop now. Promise.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2013, 05:53:16 PM »

I will stop now. Promise.

You should start a diary....oh wait Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

Compared to Wolves best price of 4/9 for a Top 6 finish, the odds on Peterborugh (Evs) and Bristol City (11/8) look big to me.

The only issue for me is whether it's worth tying up funds for a full season on prices that short, but I like the bets in principle.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

Also like the 5/1 on Port Vale as top promoted side in League 1.

Tom Pope and Lee Hughes will bang in goals for fun and I don't see any of Bradford, Rotherham or Gillingham doing anything better than mid-table finishes this season so something like 10th place for Vale could well be enough.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »

Coventry City deducted 10 points after transfer of share in Football League to Otium Entertainment Group

This gives the go ahead for the move to Northampton

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »

Tom Pope and Lee Hughes will bang in goals for fun and I don't see any of Bradford, Rotherham or Gillingham doing anything better than mid-table finishes this season so something like 10th place for Vale could well be enough.

wrote this on Monday for elsewhere

In League One, Port Vale who were promoted from League Two last season largely on the back of Tom Pope’s goals and a miserly defence should be much more competitive than their 50-1 odds imply. Managed by Micky Adams the defence from last season is retained and the recruitment of Gavin Tomlin from Southend, scorer of 16 goals last year gives Pope the strike partner he needs. Last season’s second top scorer was much travelled Jennison Myrie-Williams and Tomlin’s arrival should take some pressure off Pope. Goalscorers, tight defence, experienced manager is a combination that makes unheralded Port Vale an attractive option on handicaps.

League One

Port Vale +25 points Handicap 20-1 Sky Bet

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2013, 06:34:44 PM »

oh and while I am at it

League Two

Burton Albion 25/1 ew SkyBet and/or  Burton Albion + 17 18/1 SkyBet

In League Two, Burton Albion.

Burton Albion missed out in the League Two play-offs last year under talented manager Gary Rowett. This success led to the departure of  Calvin Zola and Jacques Maghoma joining Aberdeen and Sheffield Wednesday respectively, but manager Gary Rowett and his assistant Kevin Summerfield have recruited well bringing in Rene Howe and Adam Reed, players who have proven more than capable of performing at this level already. Howe chose Burton over a move to Hibs in the Scottish Premier League, which is interesting. I expect Burton to at least match last year’s top seven finish. In Howe and Billy Kee they will have goals for sure, prompted by Robbie Weir and the squad now has a strnegth in depth not seen before at Burton.

Behind the big guns in the league Portsmouth and Fleetwood, 25-1 is a very attractive each way price for a team, and a manager, going places

this was in an article for season long value bets and not just tipping QPR, Wolves, Fleetwood etc

My eyes are open wide
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

Tighty, what do you think about Wimbledon +27 at 18/1 or +26 at 20/1?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »

Not too close to it

30 points off winning a handicap last year. safe to assume the club is becoming a bit more professional, experienced at this level especially if not dragged into a releagation battle too soon

Would be a small buyer but don't see it as a stunning handicap

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

In League One, Port Vale who were promoted from League Two last season largely on the back of Tom Pope’s goals and a miserly defence should be much more competitive than their 50-1 odds imply. Managed by Micky Adams the defence from last season is retained and the recruitment of Gavin Tomlin from Southend, scorer of 16 goals last year gives Pope the strike partner he needs. Last season’s second top scorer was much travelled Jennison Myrie-Williams and Tomlin’s arrival should take some pressure off Pope. Goalscorers, tight defence, experienced manager is a combination that makes unheralded Port Vale an attractive option on handicaps.

League One

I couldn't find any standout value on the handicap market as I ended up with 5 teams clumped together at around the 90-92 point mar, with another clump of team hovering around them in the high 80s.  Port Vale were one of them.

Based on gut feel to this previously, I though that Tranmere +25 was going to look like value too but I think the divisional point spread this season will look more like the few seasons before last year where the top 2-3 teams have had 85+ point tallies, which bring the pre-season favourites into the same ball-park.

Donny won the league last season with 84 points, but the 5 seasons preceding this have had winners with 101, 95, 95, 96 and 92 points.  The profile of teams this season suggests something similar to me this year.

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2013, 07:22:15 PM »

League One

Looks a good bet
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

Not too close to it

30 points off winning a handicap last year. safe to assume the club is becoming a bit more professional, experienced at this level especially if not dragged into a releagation battle too soon

Would be a small buyer but don't see it as a stunning handicap

Yeah, I said with the handicaps in place I think it'll be tight, but given that do you think the prices are a bit big? e/w looks good to me.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: