blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272926 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Was this bluff stupid? First post on here
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was this bluff stupid? First post on here  (Read 4138 times)
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »

maybe a tad too spewy mate, you're chipped up nicely and ITM, what was the buy in? how many are left and are any shortys looking to ladder? either board i would bet flop, then give it some thought before betting the turn pretty big on but i would just give up on J he just calls everyone of his made hands

To win at poker is to not have to play
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »

It was the ukipt main. I put him on Ax (which he had) and didn't think he'd call off for almost his tournament life with it. Sigh.

Feed em rice.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 09:57:10 PM »

Just me who shuts down on flop then ?

I just think we have such a big edge deep in these things, and I don't think that comes from barrelling off in spots like these to get random live players to fold top pair.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »

mmm different board makes things different. I like barreling off a lot more when the flop is rainbow, and when you don't have a tilty image (both of these make iot much harder to get credit.)

Irrespective i like to go all-in on the river, I thionk going 30k turn and 75k~ (OTR all-in) is best

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

20 tabling so sorry if i sound like a dick, but seem like fairly std b, b, j

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »

The thing is he ties with a big portion of your value range as well as beats stone cold bluffs.

When you bet 51k on the river, your betting into a pot of 86k (assuming the table is 8 handed), therefore in order for his call to be correct he doesn't need to right that often. For this reason I think its better to do what Dave said and jam river > betting 51k. Tournament life in is huge in spots like this, especially when a lot of the time your opponent knows they will be calling off to chop at best.

Personally however, I'd be giving up turn. Seems a bad card to bluff as he's most likely not folding Qx / never folding Ax. If we do bet the turn then we have basically committed ourselves to barrelling river seeing as hes rarely to never gonna be folding turn. If we check turn back, we have 3 clean outs to the nuts and one 'dirty' out. If we ping one of these 4 outs then its fairly likely we get small value from all of his Ax / Jx range.
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

The thing is he ties with a big portion of your value range as well as beats stone cold bluffs.

When you bet 51k on the river, your betting into a pot of 86k (assuming the table is 8 handed), therefore in order for his call to be correct he doesn't need to right that often. For this reason I think its better to do what Dave said and jam river > betting 51k. Tournament life in is huge in spots like this, especially when a lot of the time your opponent knows they will be calling off to chop at best.

Personally however, I'd be giving up turn. Seems a bad card to bluff as he's most likely not folding Qx / never folding Ax. If we do bet the turn then we have basically committed ourselves to barrelling river seeing as hes rarely to never gonna be folding turn. If we check turn back, we have 3 clean outs to the nuts and one 'dirty' out. If we ping one of these 4 outs then its fairly likely we get small value from all of his Ax / Jx range.

i agree with this and give up on turn vs most, although vs some players online i will fire another small turn bet as there is obviously a % of regs who will float A2C on flop waiting for you to slowdown so they can put a steal in. 2 barrels is minimum/mandatory in any pot vs these guys once this is noted.

bet/bet/jam line is fine but overly aggro for me 99% of the time. definitely jam if betting river.
lolwutwasthat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 05:54:13 AM »

Not a horrible bluff but I'd imagine villian not to be folding any Ace on this river. Yes he has Qx too but defo has more Ax in range than he does Qx as he doesnt defend all Qx pre where as he most likely will defend all Ax
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: