blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Cheap Playstation 2's
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheap Playstation 2's  (Read 2130 times)
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »

I turned to the darkside last month, there are only about 10 okay games out for the PS3 and no great ones while the 360 has about 60 worth playing. Give it a year and I'd consider buying the PS3 especially when they reckon there will be a 25% price drop within that time. The Wii seems to be selling well but if I'm doing to be diving about that much I'd be as well taking up a sport as playing a console.
Report out yesterday from the 'experts' saying average Wii user gains substantial health benefits from all the jumping around. Good news for internet poker players whose exercise regime consisted of going for a Wii anyhow. I thought they looked a great laugh for post pub and stuff like that. My mate has a PS2 with EyeToy and that was always a good laugh when we stumbled in.
Saw some PS3 driving footage and had to keep replaying it to work out if it was PS3 or film footage. Presumably the PS2 price will just collapse when the 3 comes out?
Getting a console would save me money I reckon, I'm a gamer deep down but ditched the lot when my studies heated up. To fill the gap I play around with low limit cash games if I've had a few. This is highly profitable for me (not).
Pilf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

Is the Nintendo Wii thing with it's motion capture thing any good? Or a gimmick you'll tire of in two weeks.

I got my Wii delivered this weekend. I definately think it will have staying power, but I'm not one of these that'll sit down for hours on end with any games really.
I think once software developers have had a bit of time to play with this and get the best from it then there will be some excellent games and concepts produced for the machine. Better used in a space with a bigger tv I guess than in a bedroom cramped in front of the portable. Mine will now live in my living room.
I think it's definately one for the whole family, but I guess technically the PS3 is going to be the best machine.
mex

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »

The new gen consols will live and die by the online play, Xbox have an established, easy to use, and fun online community. Sonys seems hard to use and secondary to the media elements of ps3. So i have gone 360, but will look agaain in 6 months time

iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/mexico66.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 04:47:37 PM »

i always hated the XBox cos i didnt like the conrollers ( too used to PS controllers ) but when my college common room fitted 10 XBox's at the start of term i was converted id go so far as to say NBA 2K7 is the best game i have ever played and im not even a basketball fan , it is a really cool game , great graphics and features and you can have hours of ( heated , intense , deadly serious ) fun tring to beat all your mates with the San Antonio Spurs or Miami Heat etc.

I actually went so far as to nearly buying an XBox 360 just to get this game. Highly recommended.

is it cold in his shadow ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: