blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 06:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272982 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  WRC -- today is the day
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WRC -- today is the day  (Read 2596 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 05:03:29 PM »

game on

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

up to your lot now Iron -- Best of luck

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 05:42:11 PM »

What an awful RWC it's been for the home nations. Only two of the four qualiflying for the quarter finals is awful and were lucky that it's two as Italy missed that late penalty. Can't see either England or Scotland competing in the quarters and wouldn't be surprised if the semi's are an all southern hemisphere affair.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

thanks but i dont fancy our chances

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »

agreement in principle -- it seems that when it comes to sport we are the pits -- flogging grounds for houses -- participative certificates at schol FFS -- the sooner we recoginse winners the better

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 07:02:50 PM »

Iron ? u in Dublin next week end -- we will lobby for a break if you are for the match

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »

thanks but i dont fancy our chances

i do actually - i dont think it will be pretty, but if rory lamont is back 100% fit then the scottish 3/4 line can defend against the pumas - lets face it they are good, but they aint the all blacks. Or alternatively if the argies fancy a battle up front in the forwards then i think we are well positioned to give them that as well.

i will never forget 1991 - after crushing the samoans in the quarters, we were all confident enough that we would beat england at murrayfield that accomodation, travel and tickets for the final had all been secured. That day at murrayfield was a right sickner.

nevermind, we still had a duty to support our antipodean cousins in the final, so we all made the journey south, for a few days on the lash. friday night we ended up in the Hippodrome nightclub (classy at the time) where we realised it was FOUR QUID for a bottle of grolsch lager....

next day, our bankroll severely hammered we sets off for twickers, and first stop at the betting shop - not really having much of an idea about the aussie team at the time, I decided that a tenner on the guy with the same surname as my middle name (Daly) would be a good laugh. The fact that he was a prop forward and 50-1 should have put me off...

In the end we had some great crack with all the english boys in the enclosure and a few bevvys - I almost forgot to stop in at the betting shop to collect my 500 quid !, most of which ended up back in the tills at the hippodrome later that night...

hard to believe that was 16 years ago...I feel old...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »

Iron ? u in Dublin next week end -- we will lobby for a break if you are for the match

nope i am home alone everyone else if off to the gold so i will be curled up on the sofa with a hand on the fridge door

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: