blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272925 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  help please iphone .,.,.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help please iphone .,.,.  (Read 3119 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 02:37:42 AM »

There is an adapter you can buy, solved the problem for me....

iPhone = the nuts

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »

Had so many problems with the n95, i wouldnt recommend.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57:58 AM »

My Dad and Sister had the old N95 and both had no problems, one survived being run over and still worked (though didn't look too clever!). My other sister has an iPhone, so I've gotten hands-on with them both.

I can't deny the iPhone looks lovely, and now I think that was the main reason for wanting one (I'll probably end up with an iPod touch too lol, gadget freak here). Personally, I think they were so hurried to get the iPhone out they cut back in too many places, not all of the issues are major problems, but for a phone at this price you shouldn't have to compromise. So, some issues off the top of my head...

No voice dialling so full hands free impossible - a basic on most phones
no flash support for web
no digital zoom
no sending pictures by text
no video
battery life seems pretty bad, and seems nowhere near the times that Apple advertise.
only 2Mp camera?! even cheap phones have better, if I'm paying this sort of price I want better IMO.
No TV out (I suppose not needed if you can't video lol)
No text select-copy & paste (unless we've just not been able to find it) not everyone uses this, but I've found it quite handy.
crashes - this seems to be an issue, from what I can tell many lock up frequently.
crippled bluetooth - not too sure how extensive this is, once I found there was an issue with this too I gave up.

As you can see the video/camera functions play a big part in the choice for me, the N95's camera is very good - crystal clear at 5Mp. With video and 8Gb of storage the looks of the iPhone just couldn't make up for what I think is honestly lacking. We're all being told that the iPhone is the best phone on the planet and it simply isn't true, best looking I'll agree to. I nearly fell for the hype but now I've got my Nokia coming I'm really pleased with the choice.

I'll give Apple time to sort it out properly, and if they don't it won't be long before another manufacturer comes up with something else.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 10:11:40 AM »

Just got the new iphone and for the life of me I can't work out how to get the sim in. I've found where it goes so I'm one step further than I was half an hour ago!! The slot has a cover in it which has a small hole that looks to want to tempt me into jabbing something in it to rip it out. Does anyone know if that is what you need to do? I'd look at the user manual but it doesn't come with one and the opnline thing is crap. Not a great start!

Ty ty ty for any help!!!!

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »

Found the needle thing but still can't do it! FFS. I need to find a 10 year old to do it for me.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »

Nothing to see here.....

Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »

Nothing to see here.....

If it makes you feel any better took me about 15 minutes to figure it out too :$
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »

My Dad and Sister had the old N95 and both had no problems, one survived being run over and still worked (though didn't look too clever!). My other sister has an iPhone, so I've gotten hands-on with them both.

I can't deny the iPhone looks lovely, and now I think that was the main reason for wanting one (I'll probably end up with an iPod touch too lol, gadget freak here). Personally, I think they were so hurried to get the iPhone out they cut back in too many places, not all of the issues are major problems, but for a phone at this price you shouldn't have to compromise. So, some issues off the top of my head...

No voice dialling so full hands free impossible - a basic on most phones
no flash support for web
no digital zoom
no sending pictures by text
no video
battery life seems pretty bad, and seems nowhere near the times that Apple advertise.
only 2Mp camera?! even cheap phones have better, if I'm paying this sort of price I want better IMO.
No TV out (I suppose not needed if you can't video lol)
No text select-copy & paste (unless we've just not been able to find it) not everyone uses this, but I've found it quite handy.
crashes - this seems to be an issue, from what I can tell many lock up frequently.
crippled bluetooth - not too sure how extensive this is, once I found there was an issue with this too I gave up.

As you can see the video/camera functions play a big part in the choice for me, the N95's camera is very good - crystal clear at 5Mp. With video and 8Gb of storage the looks of the iPhone just couldn't make up for what I think is honestly lacking. We're all being told that the iPhone is the best phone on the planet and it simply isn't true, best looking I'll agree to. I nearly fell for the hype but now I've got my Nokia coming I'm really pleased with the choice.

I'll give Apple time to sort it out properly, and if they don't it won't be long before another manufacturer comes up with something else.

I wanted the iphone but I came to exactly the same conclusions.

In the end I went for the Nokia N82. Almost the same as the N95, (Same camera etc) but a candy bar rather than a slide.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »

4 weeks in and nothing but trouble!! Occationally goes on a go slow which is pretty annoying and tonight the screen has frozen, I can't turn it off, and there is not battery to pull out to reset it. Plugging it into itunes does nothing. Its broken.

Looks like I'll be taking it back tomorrow and hoing I've just got a dodgy one. Will mean I'll lose everything that is on it which is also a pain in the A$%^. Apple are on my list.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: