blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272894 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I'm back! Did you miss me?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm back! Did you miss me?  (Read 3857 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »

That is an awesome blog post , so very very true.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »

great blog, and i can relate to it, not on the same scale, but waiting for the monthly pay cheque, before heading off to dtd or playing online!
great read, NEXT please!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »

fuck your life if you got paid monthly.

weekly is the only way. pay last weeks markers (or as much as you can lol), make sure you have some petrol and on you go HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Nice blog post Dave.  I seem to be having an awful lot of chats that are incredibly repetitive with people first starting out in poker (or had a recent mishap..) and it goes like this:

Me:  Here is your best plan.  2015, play $3R 180mans on stake, print money, save some of it.  2016, quit stake and play $3Rs for yourself. save some more of it.  2017+ add in some small mtts and take a shot once in a while at whatever you fancy.  That is your best plan, it is better than your plan.  What is your plan, btw?

Them:  Err, I've been running like shit, can't win a flip, is it ok if I spin the SM this week?

Me: You can't win a flip, don't have any money and your cunning plan to get out of this is to win 40 flips that you can't win and go deep in the SM.  THAT is your plan.

Them.  Yes.

Me.  GG

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »

Nice blog post Dave.  I seem to be having an awful lot of chats that are incredibly repetitive with people first starting out in poker (or had a recent mishap..) and it goes like this:

Me:  Here is your best plan.  2015, play $3R 180mans on stake, print money, save some of it.  2016, quit stake and play $3Rs for yourself. save some more of it.  2017+ add in some small mtts and take a shot once in a while at whatever you fancy.  That is your best plan, it is better than your plan.  What is your plan, btw?

Them:  Err, I've been running like shit, can't win a flip, is it ok if I spin the SM this week?

Me: You can't win a flip, don't have any money and your cunning plan to get out of this is to win 40 flips that you can't win and go deep in the SM.  THAT is your plan.

Them.  Yes.

Me.  GG

Fat cat brutalises staff shocker

sola virtus nobilitat
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »

ME: Hi there staff, I'm right

THEM: Well I wanted to talk about...

ME: How right I was?

THEM: No actually about...

ME: You're right, I was right wasn't I. Now off you pop, work to do

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »

Them.  Yes.

Me.  GG

seriosuly though you are right, everyone in such a rush to the top, takes its time...

THe ingredients in successful gambling is skill/luck/hard work but most importantly of all... TIMING

Everyone gets there moment, you gotta be ready for it - 99% of people force there moment too early

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »

Who wants jam tomorrow when you might be able to have jam today?

I suppose on a similar vein that's how people get themselves in a pickle with credit cards.

Even our resident troll didn't start out shooting for the top.  Took him a few years of grinding away with the snipes and building up towards quality trolling over several years.  Can't build Rome in a day.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

Who wants jam tomorrow when you might be able to have jam today?

I suppose on a similar vein that's how people get themselves in a pickle with credit cards.

Even our resident troll didn't start out shooting for the top.  Took him a few years of grinding away with the snipes and building up towards quality trolling over several years.  Can't build Rome in a day.

Reminds me of the birthday BJ.

"Do you want a quick one now or a long, slow one tonight?"

"I'll have the quick one now, one of us could be killed before tonight"

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: