blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Moving House - Sky & Broadband
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving House - Sky & Broadband  (Read 2694 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

i actually do have good advice mr evil pie sir....

are you movingon your own or with a n other?

You moving  in with girlfriend?

Already live with her, but yes, moving in to new house together - you suggesting that I cancel and then sign up in her name at the new address?

What do you think? It is well known new customers always get the best deals call them and find out. The salesman will happily tell you what you could gain by opening a new account in her name as he would get the credit for the new sale.

Had a look at the deals for 'new customers only' - was wondering if there were any special deals available for Sky employee's friends and family like before?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »

Heard O2 are gonna be the nuts in the future.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

Has to be Virgin, if you're in a cable area.
MrsHopkino

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

GL with your SKy box move if you do decide to do it... I moved my Sky box to Stu's place and it was a little bit of a nightmare.... we ended up without channels for a wee while :S

Now we're just waiting for JS / GOT and BoardWalk to be back in our lives ;-)

Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

Had a look at the deals for 'new customers only' - was wondering if there were any special deals available for Sky employee's friends and family like before?

There may be, you should try to find someone that works for them and ask, pretty sure there were more than just me before I left. Sorry for slow reply, on holiday at the minute.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

Can't see it myself, what you heard Girdy?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »

Can't see it myself, what you heard Girdy?

just heard they gonna have the best tv/broadband/phone deals in the next few years.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »

Sky were pissing about telling me it'd be at least a month until my phone and broadband would both be up and running. So sacked them off.

Decided BT might be quickest to get the phone sorted, and then planned to go with O2 as Lyndsey is with them on her mobile and can therefore get a discount. But as I was talking to BT I was pleasantly surprised to hear I could get Infinity here. So the 3MB Sam knows was telling me I could get could actually be 30MB+. Not only that, but it can all be up and running in a week.

So that's a better resolution than I was expecting.

Can't get a 3G signal here to get on the Internet, but fortunately a neighbour has an unsecured wi-fi connection. So thanks to them!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

Sounds like a good result thumbs up

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »

Bink!

Apparently, will take 72 hours to get to full speed for some reason (blatant brag post imo)

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »

Bink!

Apparently, will take 72 hours to get to full speed for some reason (blatant brag post imo)

Very Nice Indeed

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

I am moving house in 2 weeks to an area which has no 3g/broadband dongle coverage, no virgin, what it does have though is BT 'Broadband' with a max speed of 512kbs. wiiiiiiiiiiiiii...Like going back a decade.

Gone are my days of unlimited downloading, video streaming and online gaming. FML

Suicide please.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »

Same here milligan although I manage to reach the heady heights of 0.8Mb/s. BT keep rubbing it in by sending me emails advising that my exchange now has Fibre to the Cabinet (i.e. Infinity).

[ ] I'm close enough to the exchange to get it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: