blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:44:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Food from the Gods
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Food from the Gods  (Read 2101 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »

Gonna make the other 4 slices right now!
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »

DONT MICROWAVE IT

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »

check out evilpies thread mate and post what you think ....

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »

If you're pan-frying, you have to use an obscene amount of lard (About half an inch deep) if you want proper crispy rind.

Yeah not doing that, I just dry fry it. Grilling is ok but it dries the bacon out, I like this way as you can scoop up all the tasty little burnt/crispy bits from the bottom of the pan, I then just simply take off any rind that isn't crispy.

I know it's sacrilege, but if you want decent crispy bacon without frying, spread it out on a Pyrex plate and put it in the microwave.

keep blasting it until it reaches the required crispness, don't be shy and take it out too early, but watch out, it goes from crisp to burned in about 30 seconds.
Does it only work with good quality bacon? I've seen bacon microwaved and it came out in a pool of water. Put me off ever microwaving the stuff.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »

Nomm, that was a very good lunch 
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

If you're pan-frying, you have to use an obscene amount of lard (About half an inch deep) if you want proper crispy rind.

Yeah not doing that, I just dry fry it. Grilling is ok but it dries the bacon out, I like this way as you can scoop up all the tasty little burnt/crispy bits from the bottom of the pan, I then just simply take off any rind that isn't crispy.

I know it's sacrilege, but if you want decent crispy bacon without frying, spread it out on a Pyrex plate and put it in the microwave.

keep blasting it until it reaches the required crispness, don't be shy and take it out too early, but watch out, it goes from crisp to burned in about 30 seconds.
Does it only work with good quality bacon? I've seen bacon microwaved and it came out in a pool of water. Put me off ever microwaving the stuff.

WOuldn't matter how you cooked the really cheap bacon/supermarket ownbrand stuff - there would always be a pool of water. It's the cheapest way to increase the weight.

Click to see full-size image.

Best bacon comes from proper independent butchers and farm shops - it's dearer by the pound uncooked, but goes so much further and the taste...... mmm the taste

OP seems to have mistakenly used an italian style roll for his bacon bun btw - that should be two slices of proper bakery baked by a baker white bread

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: