blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:28:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273376 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Running bad at DTD or simply rubbish?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Running bad at DTD or simply rubbish?  (Read 2319 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »

Yeah cbet should be reaaaaaaally small on such a texture. I'd go 2300.

Followed by a 4-bet shove after villain raises or are you finding the fold button ?

2300 opens up his range to include more bluffs. The bet you made pretty much commits you and he should know this so he needs to be a bit tighter.

What fold button?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »

Followed by a 4-bet shove after villain raises or are you finding the fold button ?

2300 opens up his range to include more bluffs. The bet you made pretty much commits you and he should know this so he needs to be a bit tighter.

What fold button?

The fold button that floppy advocated of course.

I get it now, but....

I was wondering why everyone's insisting the c-bet should be so small because I'm quite happy to take this down here.

It's not as though I'm trapping with a monster.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »

What fold button?

I get it now, but....

I was wondering why everyone's insisting the c-bet should be so small because I'm quite happy to take this down here.

But you've already decided that you're getting it in as you bet 4500 then shoved.

By betting smaller you allow him to c/r you with a few more hands that he may have otherwise folded because he thinks you're committed.

It's just to open up his range and allow him a few more bluffs. If we're snapping him off anyway we might as well tempt him in with a few more hands.

For example if he thinks he can get you to pass he's more likely to come in with semi bluffs such as 56 or 2 overs where he figures you'll probably pass but if you don't he has outs.

Your bet narrows his c/r range to 7x, 4x, over pairs and possibly 55 & 66. You only beat a few of these so you're likely to be behind. Unfortunately because you've bet so much you can't fold. By betting smaller you add a load of other hands to his range so suddenly you're 88 is ahead of what he might have and you can happily snap him off.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »

we want him to call w kq

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:54 AM »

plus we want standard riases on the flop so he doesnt know the times we have J9o here AKs 88 77 44 or 23
so always bet alot less on flop and it alows you to c-bet fold with the dross and c-bet jam with the nuts

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »

What fold button?

I get it now, but....

2,500 does exactly the same as 4,500.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 01:15:35 AM »

You talked about exploiting your image in op, so are you playing the current image well enough? In this hand you wake up & snap 3bet the CL from a conservative image, then cbet big on a dry board. You say you have a medium pp which you wouldn't mind taking the pot with and that's what your action looks like. Your image doesn't bluff and the cbet is too big for a monster. When you narrow your range of course it's bad poker because you are easier to play against. Calling pre with a genuine hand like 8-8 widens your range.

The cbet sizes people are suggesting continues this theme of maintaining a wide range and it costs less than narrowing your range. If we are going to trap this dufus for his chips there needs to be some kinda guile and smartness to our play. But here it seems you just decide to swing the big club at your oppo and then not sure what's best when it doesn't work. Maybe the fact you haven't had any cards in last few comps and mouthy big CL sits down next door means you push the action too much vs him out of frustration. If this is true it will undoubtedly be contributing to a bad run of form.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: