blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 07:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273345 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Training videos on non-holdem games
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Training videos on non-holdem games  (Read 1693 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:29:32 AM »

Any recommendations? Ideally free.

I wouldn't even know where to look.

Mostly interested in PLO8 and Razz. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:36:45 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 05:34:47 AM »

I've got some on a hard drive somewhere, that I got from when I was a member at DC.

I'll see if I can hunt them out, and ping them over to you somehow.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

You can watch the final tables of WCOOPs and SCOOP mixed game events, hole cards up. A lot of these should be on Youtube. Or there might still be some in the Stars client from last WCOOP? Find out who is a good player and watch what they are doing...

You can also watch the final tables of WSOP events hole cards up. This year they finally had a good way of displaying the cards in Stud games, so you could can the action really well. The final table of the 10k Stud8 was excellent and there are a few more. Also on youtube.

Occasionally you get someone streaming mixed games on Twitch. There is a particular session I recall with Jason Sommerville and Daniel N. I think the HORSE WCOOP which he won or chopped where they go through the final table together if you can stomach Daniel talking for several hours! Also on youtube and in Jason's Twitch archive.

The good thing about old Mixed game vids is that they don't date nearly as much as NLH vids. So old DC ones are still relevant and solid.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:48:53 AM by bergeroo » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »

Thanks, chaps. Much appreciated.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »

You can watch the final tables of WCOOPs and SCOOP mixed game events, hole cards up. A lot of these should be on Youtube. Or there might still be some in the Stars client from last WCOOP? Find out who is a good player and watch what they are doing...

You can also watch the final tables of WSOP events hole cards up. This year they finally had a good way of displaying the cards in Stud games, so you could can the action really well. The final table of the 10k Stud8 was excellent and there are a few more. Also on youtube.

Occasionally you get someone streaming mixed games on Twitch. There is a particular session I recall with Jason Sommerville and Daniel N. I think the HORSE WCOOP which he won or chopped where they go through the final table together if you can stomach Daniel talking for several hours! Also on youtube and in Jason's Twitch archive.

The good thing about old Mixed game vids is that they don't date nearly as much as NLH vids. So old DC ones are still relevant and solid.

Last couple of years have been very good for this, especially events commentated on by Nick Schulman. Def worth watching the full 6/7 hours. Tom Chambers (ultra heavy theory based) and Ceegee (in game content) have started doing good mix game content on Runitonce. Maybe dm someone who might be able to share their account if you don't want to pay yourself.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 04:39:19 PM »

PM me your address and I'll send the ones I've got up on a thumb drive, Tal.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: