blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:51:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Online Gambling Debts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online Gambling Debts  (Read 12215 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2006, 05:41:53 PM »

As to Tank's rejoinder to my Post, I take his point. Obviously, those who are mentally unfit need help & protection, it goes without saying.

Though we need to be careful here. Some of them only become "mentally unfit" after the misdemanour......

"Honest, M'Lord, I did not know what I was doing...".

But seriously, if you take out & spend, say, £10,000 of CC loans which you know you cannot repay, is that a bad thing, a lapse of judgement, & does that lapse of judgement equate to "mentally unfit"? It's tricky, which is why Tank's post is so thought provoking.

Rob a bank. (Violence apart, the same thing). Can you plead "mentally unfit, I could not resist the temptation"? I think not.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

I may, in time, be brought round to the fact that Tikay was once a teenager. In another time, a different era.

It will be quite another matter entirely to convince me that the motor car had been invented by then.

Steam-driven, of course......

The Scots knew their place in life then, too.

Not all change is for the better - these days they think they own the place.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

I may, in time, be brought round to the fact that Tikay was once a teenager. In another time, a different era.

It will be quite another matter entirely to convince me that the motor car had been invented by then.

Steam-driven, of course......

The Scots knew their place in life then, too.

Not all change is for the better - these days they think they own the place.

We do own the place, ist amasing what an abundance of fresh water and 4.5 million goverment giros will buy Cheesy

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »

I am going to stick my tuppence worth in also.

I made the decision at that point that I  was going to sun up as much credita s possible and screw every financial institution willing to give me credit. daft I know but at the time it sounded like a good idea.

So I proceeded to run up around 19k in debt on cards and HP, and loans bearing in mind I am still a student at this point and was finding it as easy as ever to get credit.
Some of the comapnies are still chasing me for the debts through a number of debt collectors but they ain't getting nothing off me!

These days I take more accountability for anything I do, however I think there has to be a system in place to limit the ammount of credit any one person can obtain, I also think there has to be greater restrictions imposed on irresponsible lenders by the FSA.

So to summarise you decided to max your cards with no intention of repaying? Clever stuff....not.

this post is not called for.

bandit alreadt said and i qoute "daft i know but sounded a good idea at the time"
i think that tells us all that he regrets doing it and has probably had to live with the stress and strains of his actions for a number of years.

he does need people like redsimon patronising him with cheap shot posts.

we were all young once (yes including tikay though doubt plastic was even invented then let alone credit cards Wink) and we have all made mistakes and silly decisions in our lifes and i admire bandits honest in posting his experience on here.

we should all be able to post honestly without ridicule of others especially when bandit has already  pointed out in the original post the errors of his ways.

You really are clueless aren't you. He's admitted to defrauding the CC company. Guess thats allowed if your "young" ....sheesh what a plonker

how do you decifer from my post that im clueless?
i know perfectly well what bandit done was wrong as he states as well.
nobody said its allowed if your "young" only you in your patronising goody two shoes way.

my beef was that bandit was posting honestly something that had happened in his life and that he didnt need to be told what he had done was wrong or to be ridiculed for it by twats like you.

have you never done anything wrong? done something you have regretted after?

was someone ridiculing and patronising you helpful with you addressing the situation and trying to right your wrongs?   i think not

but then maybe your perfect!

TenJack (10JQKA)
BBII winner!!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »

Put simply. Inflation. Its rising again. We all know about Oil prices and commodity prices and how this has fed through to higher energy costs, fuel costs and has began to cramp the average consumer's disposable income.

...  ...

At last this is now impacting us.

Spot on!

... ...

Consider that 60% of the UK economy north of Birmingham is government funded. In Scotland only 600,000 people are in work. The two top ‘industries’ in the UK are financial services and tourism and PartyPoker is in the footsie 100!

What a fluffy world we live in.

Both very good posts.  Get the macroeconomics child board set up TightEnd!

We might have to have Tank checking for made up statistics though - "In Scotland only 600,000 people are in work".  C'mon!

Don't get me wrong, the public sector is far too influential in the Scottish economy, which is perhaps the general point you were making Seamus, but the public sector alone employs about 600,000 people in Scotland, with the private sector employing about 1.9m (government statistics).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »

Its spelt you're not your Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2006, 05:47:41 PM »

Guys, this thread is too good to spoil by us Deleting stuff, but no more flaming please.

We allowed - maybe wrongly - a Poster to be called a "plonker", & once we'd made that mistake, it's tough not to allow the accused to defend himself, so we get "twat" then.

NO PERSONAL FLAMING.

We willl delete & take action if there is any more.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »

I am going to stick my tuppence worth in also.

I made the decision at that point that I  was going to sun up as much credita s possible and screw every financial institution willing to give me credit. daft I know but at the time it sounded like a good idea.

So I proceeded to run up around 19k in debt on cards and HP, and loans bearing in mind I am still a student at this point and was finding it as easy as ever to get credit.
Some of the comapnies are still chasing me for the debts through a number of debt collectors but they ain't getting nothing off me!

These days I take more accountability for anything I do, however I think there has to be a system in place to limit the ammount of credit any one person can obtain, I also think there has to be greater restrictions imposed on irresponsible lenders by the FSA.

So to summarise you decided to max your cards with no intention of repaying? Clever stuff....not.

this post is not called for.

bandit alreadt said and i qoute "daft i know but sounded a good idea at the time"
i think that tells us all that he regrets doing it and has probably had to live with the stress and strains of his actions for a number of years.

he does need people like redsimon patronising him with cheap shot posts.

we were all young once (yes including tikay though doubt plastic was even invented then let alone credit cards Wink) and we have all made mistakes and silly decisions in our lifes and i admire bandits honest in posting his experience on here.

we should all be able to post honestly without ridicule of others especially when bandit has already  pointed out in the original post the errors of his ways.

You really are clueless aren't you. He's admitted to defrauding the CC company. Guess thats allowed if your "young" ....sheesh what a plonker

how do you decifer from my post that im clueless?
i know perfectly well what bandit done was wrong as he states as well.
nobody said its allowed if your "young" only you in your patronising goody two shoes way.

my beef was that bandit was posting honestly something that had happened in his life and that he didnt need to be told what he had done was wrong or to be ridiculed for it by twats like you.

have you never done anything wrong? done something you have regretted after?

was someone ridiculing and patronising you helpful with you addressing the situation and trying to right your wrongs?   i think not

but then maybe your perfect!

No I have never gone out and maxed my credit cards with no intention of repaying and no I have never prouldly posted this fact on an internet forum. Guess some of us have a different moral compass to others

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2006, 05:54:48 PM »

Its spelt you're not your Cheesy

lol wondered how long the spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes were used to ridicule  Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »

Sorry to be so Headmasterish today, but we did agree a while back that we don't deride peeps for spellng errors or typos.

It makes those who don't maybe spell so good desist from Posting, & that's a bad thing.

Jeez, I must really be getting old & tetchy to be saying these things, but we did all agree on this.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »

sorry tikay this is my last and if you feel the need to delete feel free.

i have never met mr redsimon and i hope i never do.
its people with his attitude that really get on my nerves,

my last word on the subject is that he's an idiot!

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2006, 05:59:27 PM »

Sorry to be so Headmasterish today, but we did agree a while back that we don't deride peeps for spellng errors or typos.

It makes those who don't maybe spell so good desist from Posting, & that's a bad thing.

Jeez, I must really be getting old & tetchy to be saying these things, but we did all agree on this.

Maybe Simon didn't know "we all agree on this."

We need some forum rules Tikay
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

I learnt my lesson not to have auto login to any poker client. You never know who can login and blow the lot Sad
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »

I thought the "your/you're" correction was a joke based on him being called perfect...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

Maybe Simon didn't know "we all agree on this."

We need some forum rules Tikay

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: