blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Getting the blame for someone losing £200
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting the blame for someone losing £200  (Read 1216 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:31:38 AM »

I was playing in a cash game on Crpytologic last night 10 player £.50/1 and made a play that i wouldnt consider as regular for my style. I had won the last few pots with good hands and received  on the Small Blind. Only 1 person had called so i decided to take control of the pot by raising to £2.50.

The big blind called and the other player folded. The flop was  two hearts. I bet £2.50 again and the big blind player called. The turn brought  and i raised £4 deciding that if the other player called i would be able to give up on it on the river, yet i was fairly confident hed fold. Instead he re raised to £8, This confused me as i was pretty sure he didn't have a lot. I decided to try and play for it on the river and re raised to £14. He called.

The river brought  and instead of giving up on it i bet £20. This may be considered stupid but i was going with my instincts that he was bluffing/didnt have a lot. After a while he said in the chatbox "I know you dont have much but i only have  ". When he folded i obviously showed the  . At this point he simply went mental and despite losing just £19 he called me all the names under the sun which i of course laughed off.

Then unbeleiveably , this player went on the tilt of his life losing £200 in 20 minutes and then after that saying "Horneris you *** ***** ***** you have just lost me nearly a weeks wages!!!!" Just because he lost one £54 pot. I've never seen this before, only heard stories.

Also, i wouldnt make his type of play often if any is wondering, lol.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »

There's one guy to blame for him losing £200 and it ain't you.

The nice wee converse of this is that if you are thinking of folding on the river, by saying what you have (fiction or non-fiction, doesn't matter) in the chat box, your opponent will often show after you pass.

Free information. Always good.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »

There's one guy to blame for him losing £200 and it ain't you.

The nice wee converse of this is that if you are thinking of folding on the river, by saying what you have (fiction or non-fiction, doesn't matter) in the chat box, your opponent will often show after you pass.

Free information. Always good.

Done this many a time in tournaments to gain free information and 9 times out of 10 it usually works. If i ever get caught with my fingers in the till and someone comes out re-raising me I'll do the customary dwell followed by saying something along the lines of "I have AK o/s but its too early to race" or "hmmm, i think my medium pair is in front but i know i can wait for a better opportunity to relieve you of your chips".

Moreoften than not they cannot resist showing their A-10 o/s as if to prove their masculinity of forcing you to lay down the best hand when in reality they were well in front of my 8-6 in the first place!!  Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 10:41:13 AM »

Yeah your both right, but in this instance i think he definetly did as he simply went mad but clearly didnt have too much.

I often find your tactics (of saying what you have before you fold) useful in home games, as people arent wise enough not to show you the bluff, and its good to gain information on opponents you play against a lot.

You are right though, i shouldnt have showed, but couldnt resist for the Comedy value. and it was only a small stakes game which i dont usually play.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:42:59 AM by Horneris » Logged

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »

Don't get me wrong, if i know i can get my opponent to tilt by showing him that I've outplayed him with an outrageous bluff then I'm turning my hand over 99.9% of the time!!

However you have to know your opponent and how badly he will tilt - more often than not players with short fuses will tilt with a few well chosen phrases (ones without flaming, abuse or derogatory comments so that you cant be done for chat abuse!) in the text box and there is no need to show the cards anyway Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »

I amn't making a case for not showing your ATo there.

Results speak for themselves with this kind of thing, and as it put him on tilt, it was clearly the right thing to do from a making money point of view.

My intent was to make a seperate, loosely related, point.

Keep on tilting folk where you can.  thumbs up

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:52:45 AM »

I amn't making a case for not showing your ATo there.

Results speak for themselves with this kind of thing, and as it put him on tilt, it was clearly the right thing to do from a making money point of view.

My intent was to make a seperate, loosely related, point.

Keep on tilting folk where you can.  thumbs up

yes, for once my monkey fingers managed to type a post quicker!! 

sponsored by Fyffes
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Next time monkey man, next time 

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 11:14:19 AM »

mmmmmm, bananas

[attachment deleted by admin]

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: