blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272923 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Weak ass play?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weak ass play?  (Read 1323 times)
Jinky04

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2006, 02:56:22 AM »

This hand is from the start of the laddies highstack tourney- 4000 chips with a 15min clock and 10/20starting blinds- this obviously had a big effect on the way I played this hand so I welcome opinions.

Early days, only 4th or 5th hand of tourney, I pick up  in mid pos. No ones limped so I pop it up to 80. Cutoff+1 reraises me to 280 and the small blind flat calls. Now most tourneys with 1500 chips I fire the stack in there and then and hope I'm ahead but given the amount of play in this tourney I felt this was premature in the first level- I decide to flat call and push my hand if the flop comes without an ace or king. First mistake?

Pot: 860

Flop:     

The small blind comes out firing, betting 1100 into the pot. I dwell and pass- my thinking was that the overbet signalled extreme strength and that I was drawing thin to none against the SB. This was coupled with the fact I had my preflop reraiser still to act behind me. The original reraiser moves in  and the SB calls instantly. SB-  original raiser shows  and the queens hold on the turn and river. So was this overly weak play, even given the stack size/ blind ratio?

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 03:17:37 AM »

I think it's a good fold. Re-raiser acting after you, SB has shown decent amount of strength.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
IveGotOuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »

If you are going to fold on this flop then you should have folded preflop.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:18:20 PM »

This hand is from the start of the laddies highstack tourney- 4000 chips with a 15min clock and 10/20starting blinds- this obviously had a big effect on the way I played this hand so I welcome opinions.

Early days, only 4th or 5th hand of tourney, I pick up  in mid pos. No ones limped so I pop it up to 80. Cutoff+1 reraises me to 280 and the small blind flat calls. Now most tourneys with 1500 chips I fire the stack in there and then and hope I'm ahead but given the amount of play in this tourney I felt this was premature in the first level- I decide to flat call and push my hand if the flop comes without an ace or king. First mistake?

Pot: 860

Flop:     

The small blind comes out firing, betting 1100 into the pot. I dwell and pass- my thinking was that the overbet signalled extreme strength and that I was drawing thin to none against the SB. This was coupled with the fact I had my preflop reraiser still to act behind me. The original reraiser moves in  and the SB calls instantly. SB-  original raiser shows  and the queens hold on the turn and river. So was this overly weak play, even given the stack size/ blind ratio?

fair fold IMO....especially with that possible flush out there. OK you had the queen  and I@ve seem plenty of people take a shot because of it and there's something to be said for it...I personally like the lay down..

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 02:32:10 PM »

With one player to act behind you and that board, I think that's a pass for me. You got loads of chips back, and there's no need to put your chips into a pot where you could be up against a set, a draw or a bigger pair.

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 02:58:30 PM »

good fold

wish i could do it more often myself

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »

Agreed it's a good fold, even knowing what he had I'd fold rather than face the coin flip situation (at that stage of the tourney anyway)

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: