blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:04:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  $5,000 PLH Final Table Live Update - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $5,000 PLH Final Table Live Update - At A Glance  (Read 6937 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:43:43 AM »

Big Foxy News after about 20 minutes of walks (at one point three in a row, playing Pass the Blinds which are currently 10k/20k) and button raises which take it down...

Jason raised to 60k, and Stuart raised the pot behind him... Jason passed and Stuart had built to roughly 280k.
The very next hand Jason raised to 65k, Stuart raised the pot AGAIN - this time leaving 150k for Jason to call.  No call, but a re-raise all-in commit, and Stuart went for it!

Foxy showed: 
Jason showed:      uh-oh

Flop:     (although I didn't see it so much as Nick Gibson's head as he jumped up and down in front of the monitor)
Turn: 
River: 

And now Stuart is properly back in contention.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »

The problem with the nice media room is that it takes about five minutes, round trip, to get here, plus the write-up'n'post time, so that when I get back ringside, things have often changed dramatically...

This intro was to apologise for the revolution in chips that happened in the last 10 mins - it looks like Foxy clashed with Alan Sass, who was described by the Announcer as "our new chip leader."

His counts:

Jason Lester   840,000
Stuart Fox      180,000
Alan Sass        871,000

Seeing as I can't see the stacks, I am going to take their word for it.  Wink

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:05:27 AM »

At least it ain't boring.... Stuart Fox doubles up to 285,000

Jason Lester raises to 65k on the button (with as it turns out), Stuart pushes all-in for just 67k more.  Perhaps realising that Stuart expects an auto-call, it's a reluctant one, to see Foxy's .

Flop: 
Turn: 
River:      and a Queen-high flush takes that one.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 03:21:55 AM »

And Stuart 'Foxy' Fox becomes the 3rd place finisher, winning $142,128

Covered by both players, he seemed relentless in his re-raising of Jason - this time from the big blind Stuart raised the pot, and found Jason prepared to put him all in with .  Stuart had three clubs...
Flop: 
Turn: 
River: 

An aggressive end to a long tournament - it's quite possible that his style of play may get him to another final table, if he doesn't want to just relax after the 'extra' two days' play he got out of this one.   

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 05:05:36 AM »

I probably should have posted about half an hour ago that the heads up guys are on a DINNER BREAK.

But never fear, they'll be back (in fact just saw Alan Sass arriving with very excited group of friends bubbling around him: "Make way for the champ!" etc.)

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 06:07:27 AM »

Five minutes after the heads up dinner break, it's all over...

Alan Sass and Jason Lester clash on a particularly odd flop: 9 3 2 (rainbow).  Alan bet out 45k, found about 120k back at him, and must have thought Jason would pass to his 325k all-in re-raise.  But no.
Jason showed: 
Alan showed: 

Astoundingly, the gutshot missed, which means that Alan Sass finishes in 2nd place, winning $284,256 and...

Jason Lester is the WSOP 2006 $5,000 PLHE Champion, winning $550,746

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: