blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 11:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272988 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Scottish Dave's Bankroll Experiment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Dave's Bankroll Experiment  (Read 27765 times)
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13:51 AM »

the point is , dave doesnt know if the guy has 88 or AA so it is a  -ev call

is it cold in his shadow ?
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 01:14:55 AM »

Nice one, well done Dave.l

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:05 AM »

ill explain the A10 and JQ hand

A10, with 15/30 blinds, i raise to 120 (4xBB) and get one caller flop comes 3 6 Q...

i lead out with a standard continuation bet of 150, and he reraises me all in, have to fold.

thats me down to 710 chips (i told you the structure is shocking in these STT's)

-------------------------------

i then find JQ in small Bllind, all folds to Button who pushes all in for 500, its either a steal or a small pocket, so i call. i was correct but failed to hit. I mean surely if he has 10 10 - AA he would raise smaller?

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 01:18:36 AM »

You are not going to beat STTs at any level calling for most of you chips with QJ in the first 2 levels.

Silo is right, even A,10 should be dumped in most circumstances.

My point was in this instance it was not that its was a horrible call, it was the same odds as AK, and chances are hes calling with AK, I just happen to think that Dave's read of the player should come in to it, lets be honest, not many people will push with aces unless there are a few people in a very healthy pot or its a 2 way betting rally.

Just my opinion.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 01:26:24 AM »

Your job at the beginning of an STT is to not lose chips, stay in the game. It's more important not to lose chips than to win them at this stage.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 01:30:43 AM »

Your job at the beginning of an STT is to not lose chips, stay in the game. It's more important not to lose chips than to win them at this stage.

Now thats not something I've heard before, i have always been of the ethos " accumulate, and keep doing it, Quicker the better"

Where did that come from War? is that the General rule for stt's?

If this is coming accross sarcastic its not supposed to, its a genuine question.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:45:26 AM by Newmanseye » Logged

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 01:40:24 AM »

Now thats not something I've heard before, i have always been of the ethos " accumulate, and keep doing it, Quicker the better"

If this is comeing accross sarcastic its not supposed to, its a genuine question.

Sit and go's are all about survival.

War knows his shit when it comes to SNG's anything he has to say on the subject is worth following.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 01:53:16 AM »

If this is coming accross sarcastic its not supposed to, its a genuine question.

A decent percentage of cashes in STTs is 40 to 45 %. If your willing to race in the first level then half the time you'll be knocked out. Even the times you double up you won't always cash so you lose money by taking on 50/50 shots early on.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 02:21:12 AM »

So an early race with Vs  is not where we want to be?

My poker foundation was born of taking races early to accumulate chips early, i have tempered and tweaked it and added other peices that i have picked up in books, then again i was taught to play by a maniac player, Pressure and reads are the strongest part of my game, and its tough to use them online as they complement each other in live poker.

what literature would you suggest for tackling the online stt's ? Harrington is a MTT collection, Doyle did the cash game book, as has Phil gordon, But the STT's book is one i've yet to read.

Any referals war?

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 03:07:45 AM »

Harrington is good and has quite a few references to STT play. The 2+2 forum has some very valuable strategy guides.

I expect Scott Fischmann's new book will be excellent.  Scott and his freind Darrell 'Gigabet' Dickens are two of the best and most successful STT players in the game.

Having reminded myself I'm off to Amazon to order my copy!

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 03:08:03 AM »

So an early race with Vs  is not where we want to be?

You dont want that in a MTT either! You don't attempt to get your chips in behind just to 'accumulate chips' thats just flawed.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 03:27:20 AM »

Having reminded myself I'm off to Amazon to order my copy!

I can't find it, it might not be out yet....

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 09:00:15 AM »

right i really hope Silo is away to bed now, or im going to look like such a fool:

Damn right, it was gone 1am Cheesy  Some of us work for a living Cheesy

50 - 22 = £28 profit in 45 mins!
Ok ok ok and for the record.....i actually enjoyed them, it wasnt as boring as i had 4 running at once!

Nice going, see it's not too bad is it!  The advise from Wardonkey is spot on. First few levels you really don't want to be involved if you can help it.  Let the others knock themselves out and when the blinds are actually worth having, start playing a bit more.   At these levels, people will almost always be going all in in the first couple of hands to get 30 chips or so - pointless.  Let them fight it out Smiley

Nice results Dave, now you just need to build on that, do the same twice every day and you've got a nice bankroll all of a sudden Smiley

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 10:36:26 AM »

You dont want that in a MTT either! You don't attempt to get your chips in behind just to 'accumulate chips' thats just flawed.

Who is this?? What have you done with the real Flushy??

sponsored by Fyffes
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

LOLOLOLOL   

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: