blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 133314 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 02, 2006, 01:03:28 AM »

I don't understand the need to exclude anyone.

The big name pros will not be interested in this size of tourney. Even I have better +ve EV if I stay at home and play on-line.

I would like to play because it sounds like a fun event, where I can meet friends and play in a well structured tourney that is not going to take a chunk out of my bankroll.

I can't see how rule can be enforcable and I think it will cause problems. I also don't understand the reasoning behind the rule.

My piece is said, I shall wait until your musings are complete. I will try not to sulk if you decide I cannot play...

Sorry War. Sulking is specifically outlawed by the APAT, it says so in the Rules. Or it will do, by tomorrow morning.

Next case please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 02, 2006, 01:07:42 AM »

Could you answer the case put forward by the founder of the PRO next ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »

I don't want to decide if I'm eligible, I'm bias. I want to be told

Do you have any other form of income at all, Tom? When did you last earn any money outside of poker? When might you next?

I earned about 10% of my total income outside poker last year, when next, who knows?

The point is, I know a lot of real pro's who are on the circuit full time who's primary income comes from companies, hotels, restaurants, properties, etc.

The older I get, the better I was.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 02, 2006, 01:09:28 AM »

Why is there any problem with pros playing at all?

Is it to do with the added prizes or lack of space?

It seems most of the amateurs on here would love them to attend the blonde bash so they can play against them?

(I just thought that now, so blurted it out!)

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 02, 2006, 01:15:08 AM »

Have tried to read through as many of the posts as possible - sunstroke having spent too much time at pool.

So to become a member i pay £10 - all i get for this is the chance to enter events that dont yet exist apart from one event in Birmingham in September (though others to be announced). And even then i am not guaranteed to be allowed to play in this as there may not be enough room.

Most of the players who i want to pit my wits against will be excluded from the competitions as they are deemed to be professional.

Maybe i too, like others am a little too sceptical when i hear of new ventures - to me this just looks like someone trying to cash in on the sudden boom and popularity of poker. As a member of Blondepoker i have been lucky enough to attend both blondebashes. These events provided me with fun and entertainment for a whole weekend, allowing me to play tournaments with some of the biggest names in European poker and WSOP bracelet winners - these tournaments being cheap enough for all to enter with a good structure and all completed within the same day.

The membership costs to being a member of Blondepoker - £0

I wish all those with an interest in this good luck, for me personally though i will wait to see whether this is going to be a long term venture before paying a subscription.

sponsored by Fyffes
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 02, 2006, 01:16:52 AM »

To be perfectly honest, and i hope Red or anyone else doesnt takes this the wrong way....... BUT.... These comps are as already said, for the hobby players, you dont come under the category of a hobby player .. quite simple in your case.

Would you honestly feel comfortable sitting in a comp filled with players that work full time and play poker as a leisure activity and not as a source of financing their families and day to day living costs... self policing is the only way this can really work.

quite simple IMO, if you are waged or unemployed, housewife/househusband you are eligible .... if you dont work and your main source of income is poker then you are not eligible. Thats how i see it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2006, 01:17:28 AM »

Why is there any problem with pros playing at all?

Is it to do with the added prizes or lack of space?

It seems most of the amateurs on here would love them to attend the blonde bash so they can play against them?

(I just thought that now, so blurted it out!)

I have to say I agree. poker is one of the only competive fields where anyone can play against anyone else. Be they old, young, pro, am, male, female, black, white, or Colchester Kev.

Long may it continue. I think this would work just as well if it were open to anyone who wanted to join.

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2006, 01:18:27 AM »

I don't understand the need to exclude anyone.

The big name pros will not be interested in this size of tourney. Even I have better +ve EV if I stay at home and play on-line.

I would like to play because it sounds like a fun event, where I can meet friends and play in a well structured tourney that is not going to take a chunk out of my bankroll.

I can't see how rule can be enforcable and I think it will cause problems. I also don't understand the reasoning behind the rule.

My piece is said, I shall wait until your musings are complete. I will try not to sulk if you decide I cannot play...

Sorry War. Sulking is specifically outlawed by the APAT, it says so in the Rules. Or it will do, by tomorrow morning.

Next case please.

Is amateur sulking allowed, is just professional sulking that is outlawed?

I've never been very good at sulking if that helps...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 01:20:14 AM by Wardonkey » Logged

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

Tikay,

Thanks for the very quick reply and the clarification Kiss , I was a little worried earlier when someone made a suggestion that would have meant I couldn't play in this (the only income one)  Shocked  your head must be spinning by now with all these questions being fired off at you!

Anyway, I love the idea and 

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2006, 01:21:57 AM »

Are the current rules set in stone or can ideas put forward in this thread be included?   I keep visiting this thread in between winning my cash game on betfair ( had to mention that  Cheesy ) but there are about 20 more pages each time.  I don't know if this has been answered already.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »

To be perfectly honest, and i hope Red or anyone else doesnt takes this the wrong way....... BUT.... These comps are as already said, for the hobby players, you dont come under the category of a hobby player .. quite simple in your case.

Would you honestly feel comfortable sitting in a comp filled with players that work full time and play poker as a leisure activity and not as a source of financing their families and day to day living costs... self policing is the only way this can really work.

quite simple IMO, if you are waged or unemployed, housewife/househusband you are eligible .... if you dont work and your main source of income is poker then you are not eligible. Thats how i see it.

I would be more than happy to accept that, If I could be sure that everyone else in my situation would do the same.

The reality is that a fair number of the runners will be tough experienced players.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2006, 01:25:26 AM »

I'm really not worried whether I play or not, but I am concerned about the principle.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2006, 01:26:40 AM »

I go for regular check ups at the hospital and I always have to fill out a stupid forms.  Do you smoke, drink, etc.  One of the questions is always occupation.   What do Pro Players write down?    Do you get funny looks from people when you say " I am a poker pro".   My family still have the image in their minds of a person in a cowboy hat and smoking a cigar.  I think most people do

When signing in at a Hotel last week  I got all daring, & entered "TV Presenter" on the Reg Form. The Receptionist, an East European, barely able to speak English, said, in a flash, "sorry Sir, you have to put your real occupation". Ah well, dream on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2006, 01:29:04 AM »

you can only concern yourself with your own integrity Red, Im sure tikay, tighty et al know enough "faces" to ensure that the unscrupulous few that do try and take advantage are discovered and excluded.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2006, 01:30:23 AM »

Then again I can also see this side of the argument.

It would be a shame if people who can't play much live poker due to other commitments miss what sounds like a great comp as it is full of pros and names.

As i said before, I don't envy you guys!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: