blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 132715 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 14, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

All questions seem to have been answered except the question of eligibility.

i think it is fair to say that whatever we come up with will leave some people disappointed as several people have said

As was said Karabiner many many (!) pages ago, we established that your eligibility wasn't an issue.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 14, 2006, 10:06:28 PM »

All questions seem to have been answered except the question of eligibility.

i think it is fair to say that whatever we come up with will leave some people disappointed as several people have said

As was said Karabiner many many (!) pages ago, we established that your eligibility wasn't an issue.

What we established, I would like to respectfully remind you Tightend, was that you originally stated that I would not be eligible, after which Tikay said that I would be eligible. Subsequently there were many people posting on this thread who stated that they would not be happy with known "faces" such as myself playing in these events.

I made a post stating these facts a week ago and was under the impression that the APAT board of directors was going to make a statement regarding eligibility after Des came back from his weekend away with his family. No such statement has been forthcoming although all of the other questions have been answered.

It is not just my eligibility that I am enquiring about, but the multitude of others who are in a similar grey area as myself. I believe my previous post was around page 49 on this thread. Personally I do not feel that leaving it to people to decide for themselves whether they are eligible is anything but a buck-passing excercise.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 10:10:54 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 14, 2006, 10:12:52 PM »

We have a meeting very soon Karabiner to discuss our views...with the Luton festival etc it has not been possible to schedule it any earlier

I thought I had made it clear that I of course had absolutely no problems with you or similar people playing should you wish to do so, once tikay had clarified the position on players such as yourself.

As for "grey areas" in general...I think the fact remains that there will have to be an element of "self policing" in this, for everyone as an individual to decide whether this tour is aimed at them.

In this regard I fully accept it will be part of a less than optimal solution

My eyes are open wide
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:58 PM »

There are actually many questions unanswered.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 14, 2006, 11:40:02 PM »

The truth is out there...

(i don't think it's a conspiracy, just couldn't resist the, admitedly rather poor, gag)

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2006, 12:24:59 AM »

Hi,

Due to a rather unexpected turn of circumstances, I have been mostly offline for almost 5 days. I have been catching up with e-Mails & PM's today, & will be back on the APAT case on Tuesday.

I have said several times, & it remains the case, we will answer every question you ask. I am sorry we cannot respond faster, but we are not under time pressure at the moment.

We are dealing with a number of quite difficult issues - how to cope with the amount of players, eligibility (in the light of some excellent Fora feedback) etc, &, to my mind, it's more important to get matters right, than rush into a reply.

Discussions have continued over the weekend, & we have a conference Call tomorrow evening, but we are pretty much there on the issues upon which you seek replies.

Bear with us please.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2006, 12:25:59 AM »

I notice that Dewi is already signed up to the first online tourney.

I suppose that must mean that passwords for it are already available; I have received no emails about this - is there something I have to do to make sure I am clued in about the password for the online tourneys?

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2006, 12:39:05 AM »

I suppose that must mean that passwords for it are already available; I have received no emails about this - is there something I have to do to make sure I am clued in about the password for the online tourneys?

i've answered this by pm

all apat members wishing to play the first Online tournament this saturday should have received an email with details and password information. If you haven't please e-mail customer@apat.com and they will send one to you

Alternatively PM me!

My eyes are open wide
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 15, 2006, 01:31:25 AM »

i've answered this by pm

And PM now also returned... thanks again, Tightend thumbs up

I only signed up over the weekend, just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything really obvious that somehow I'd forgotten to do to make sure I can play.

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: August 16, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »

I had an email the other day saying that the seat allocation for the broadway comp will be finalised soon, it also said that as i was not yet a member i should do so before the seats are allocated.
I wanted to see how this process was to be done before signing up, can i not do that?
Will they be allocated before the process is announced?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 16, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »

Ian, we have forumlated our policy on signing up for Event 1...it is just being finalised and will be posted here in the next 48 hours

We beleive we have established the most equitable way possible to cope with te massive excess of demand for seats over supply

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 16, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »

Cool, calm and concise...excellent interview Tighty thumbs up...on Poker 425 tonight
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2006, 12:19:21 AM »

Cool, calm and concise...excellent interview Tighty thumbs up...on Poker 425 tonight

lol, after posting on this thread it was a doddle!!

My eyes are open wide
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2006, 09:26:20 AM »

lol, after posting on this thread it was a doddle!!

I was expecting a suit though.....being on telly and all that!
Foggy

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »

Tight should you require a image or PR consultant I am available for a modest fee as the badbeats have been particulary fierce over the past few days!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: