blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 132711 times)
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 19, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »

thanks for that tight end do you have any idea when we will find out if we have got lucky if it at all poss . so i dont have to keep going to a internet cafe on my holls every day
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 19, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »

fair point bigal...will try to get the date of the draw for you. I don't know it yet myself

RioR....several hundred and rising

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 19, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »

thanks
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 19, 2006, 09:38:38 PM »

....several hundred and rising

Eeek ! ! !

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 20, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »

Tighty,
          looking forward to Tikays post about the first tournament situation....can I just say that because it clashes with the EPT main event (and some of us amateurs are trying to qualify for this up to the last minute!).... will there be the flexibility to cancel a few days beforehand and let one of the reserves play?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 20, 2006, 12:44:11 PM »

Lets cross that bridge if you get a seat into the apat event!

Theoretically of course yes

My eyes are open wide
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 20, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »

....several hundred and rising

Eeek ! ! !

Bloomin' 'eck!!!

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Foggy

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 20, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

If the demand for the live event is "several hundred and still rising",should we deem the approx 163 runners for last nights event as mediocre.

Also during a discussion at last nights online event there were players from various european countries, surely, should they be balloted in for the Broadway event the expense of attending would not be viable with the prize money on offer on a £75 freezeout with 120 runners.Therefore, wouldn't it make more sense for players in the locality, to be offered a seat,and players in the other localities to be offered seats as the tour visited the cities / towns around the UK?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 20, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »

I imagine that if they've expressed an interest in the comp they'd be perfectly happy to pay the travel expenses.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Foggy

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 20, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »

Cannot argue with the interest part, but did the know that the entries were going to be limited to 120 when they made their initial enquiry to APAT!
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: August 20, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »

Cannot argue with the interest part, but did the know that the entries were going to be limited to 120 when they made their initial enquiry to APAT!

Hi Foggy,

Players living outside of the UK will have joined as 'online' members to play in the Online Series.  Although one or two have taken full membership and expressed an interest in travelling over for an event or two (if they are lucky enought to get seats).

Hopefully, later in the season, the APAT will have access to a much larger cardroom, and with the support of our members will run the largest poker tournament the UK has ever seen!

Cheers,

Des.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 20, 2006, 05:52:26 PM »

If the demand for the live event is "several hundred and still rising",should we deem the approx 163 runners for last nights event as mediocre.

Also during a discussion at last nights online event there were players from various european countries, surely, should they be balloted in for the Broadway event the expense of attending would not be viable with the prize money on offer on a £75 freezeout with 120 runners.Therefore, wouldn't it make more sense for players in the locality, to be offered a seat,and players in the other localities to be offered seats as the tour visited the cities / towns around the UK?

I would also like to see some measure of preference given to people living local to events.  As has been said earlier in this thread, the cost of travel, accommodation etc could make entering these otherwise low-buy in tournaments that bit too expensive for many.  It would be a shame if people joined up hoping to play a tournament when there is one more accessible to them if they are prevented from entering because the seats have gone to people from further afield.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 20, 2006, 05:56:05 PM »

I liked the idea posted previously about expressing a preference for a particular event by being able to choose to have more entries 'in the hat' for one of the events, but I don't know how wise giving too much of a preference for locals would be. I agree with the arguments, but the first event is for the English title - not the West Midlands title (and similarly for the rest obviously).

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 20, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »

I think it is not for APAT to dictate priority for events to those who live locally. Our seven tournaments in the first season will contain four in the UK and three overseas. Once someone says they want to play in an event it is to be assumed they are willing to pay the costs to attend

As to last nights event I thought 193 runners exceeded my expectations comfortably

My eyes are open wide
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: August 20, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »

Hi Foggy,

Players living outside of the UK will have joined as 'online' members to play in the Online Series.  Although one or two have taken full membership and expressed an interest in travelling over for an event or two (if they are lucky enought to get seats).

Hopefully, later in the season, the APAT will have access to a much larger cardroom, and with the support of our members will run the largest poker tournament the UK has ever seen!

Cheers,

Des.

I don't quite understand that so i'll ask, do all members get put into the draw?
I ask because some are online and some are full members, does this make sense?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: