blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 133307 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 27, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »

I'm like Switzerland. Neutral at all times (however without the Geneva bank accounts and covered in snow) 

As to your question: No comment  Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2006, 02:44:14 PM »

Enough already - I groan every time I see new posts on this topic!

2 groups - one for amateurs, one for pros, cant be members of both - if you're unsure ask.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: August 27, 2006, 02:45:39 PM »

I'm like Switzerland. Neutral at all times (however without the Geneva bank accounts and covered in snow) 

I didn't know Switzerland was that big.....

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 27, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 27, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »

don't read the thread then,  no one is forcing you 

My eyes are open wide
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 27, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »

don't read the thread then,  no one is forcing you 

I like ot keep up to date with an association i haven't joined yet...... scared
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 27, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »

join then, £10 please

I believe you came into a bit of cash recently that might help.....

Seriously folks, I know its a never ending thread but we did need to post to clarify a lot of the issues that we got in feedback in various places. tikay did this yesterday on pages, er..., 55 and 56. Now we've done that there will no doubt be clarifications needed about the clarifications and if so fine. Anything that helps APAT to get it right before the first event, for the first event and then onwards.

My eyes are open wide
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 27, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »

join then, £10 please

I believe you came into a bit of cash recently that might help.....

Seriously folks, I know its a never ending thread but we did need to post to clarify a lot of the issues that we got in feedback in various places. tikay did this yesterday on pages, er..., 55 and 56. Now we've done that there will no doubt be clarifications needed about the clarifications and if so fine. Anything that helps APAT to get it right before the first event, for the first event and then onwards.

I have tried but I have a problem with my paypal account - it knows I have one, I can't remember what it is and the email account I used to open it with is defunct.....ps - when do I get to buy you that drink??
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 27, 2006, 03:12:51 PM »

I have tried but I have a problem with my paypal account - it knows I have one, I can't remember what it is and the email account I used to open it with is defunct.....ps - when do I get to buy you that drink??

whenever you abandon your jetset life long enough to sit still for ten minutes.

My eyes are open wide
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 27, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »

Any news on if the structure has been altered yet? Last thing I remember on the subject was that it was going to be looked at again/discussed (to see if the 'missing level' was going to be added), unless I've missed the reply and if so can someone point me to the post.

As to someone winning the first on-line event with a very nice income from poker previously, I'm not really that bothered to be honest. Previous winnings don't make him a pro IMO, it simply makes him a talented amateur. Do we really want to be playing with novices only? I'd rather be playing with people that at least know what they're doing lol.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 27, 2006, 03:22:50 PM »

Any news on if the structure has been altered yet? Last thing I remember on the subject was that it was going to be looked at again/discussed (to see if the 'missing level' was going to be added), unless I've missed the reply and if so can someone point me to the post.

No you haven't missed a post, as we have not changed it as of now. I would reiterate though that there is a "missing" 800-1600 level but there is a 500-1000 level added in compared to a normal structure, so its swings and roundabouts

(Cue next discussion.... Cheesy)

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 27, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »

As to someone winning the first on-line event with a very nice income from poker previously, I'm not really that bothered to be honest. Previous winnings don't make him a pro IMO, it simply makes him a talented amateur. Do we really want to be playing with novices only? I'd rather be playing with people that at least know what they're doing lol.

I agree with the approach they've taken on the amateur thing.  Its not something that they can easily enforce anyway.  Best way to enforce it on the live events is via clashing with a big event elsewhere.  Most of the pros will choose to play that, if only to avoid the question "why is he/she playing a £75 comp when so and so event is on?"

Perhaps we should have a 'Busto' child board to perpetuate rumours of this type!

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 27, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »

No you haven't missed a post, as we have not changed it as of now. I would reiterate though that there is a "missing" 800-1600 level but there is a 500-1000 level added in compared to a normal structure, so its swings and roundabouts

(Cue next discussion.... Cheesy)

Hmmmm, I will contemplate whilst in my bubble bath....

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »

So will I,

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2006, 03:32:19 PM »

I wasn't suggesting the guy who won the first online comp was a professional and at no point stated only novices should play. What I did do is ask could some more family names enter as they can can to be in a similar position as the first online winner. The given classification of who does and does not qualify has no measurable defining point. This is understandable as I don't think it is possible to have a blanket defination and agree entry should largely at the discreation of the APAT. I have no problems with this and accept that they can run there association as they wish to clarify.

All I have done is to suggest some names and asked if they also qualify for the amatuer stream of the APAT as they are in a similar position as the first online winner. I understand Tony Bloom merely plays the occassional game and has a job outside of poker. I just think it might be kind of funny if Tony Bloom (former Aussie millionaire champion) was to win the title of amateur champion.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: