blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272876 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Help Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 1168 times)
peter3322
Probation

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »

Hello,

I am a student at Dudley College of Technology (England); I am currently working on a project for Online Poker Trends. I would be grateful if you could fill in the Questionnaire below (by clicking on the link) to help me out with research. The questionnaire can not be traced to you directly unless you wish to leave details in the box provided on the questionnaire.

Thanking you in anticipation

Peter 

http://express.perseus.com/perseus/surveys/1734848031/f09ac15.htm?ProjectID=252292117&GroupID=1734848031

If the link does not work please copy and paste it into your address bar.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:57:02 PM »

Odd place to post this Huh?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »

Odd place to post this Huh?

yeah general would have been better but...i filled it in anyways...takes about 10 seconds...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »

This was posted on the past blonde bash board earlier

As most people won't have seen it I'm bumping it up as I am sure many of us will help new blondeite Peter out with his studies....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rivered

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »

that was nice and short!!! done...

There's gotta be a way! He who dares wins! There's a million quids worth of gold out there - our gold. We can't just say 'bonjour' to it.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »

It was posted and discussed on the 'internet poker' board as well.

I'm not sure what Peter wants from the survey but it hard to see how he can get any useful data from it in it's current form.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 01:30:54 AM »

A friend of mine went to a techincal college once, they did a study for their class in something or other on different species of seaweed at the beach. They had put in a lot of work, I read it in the pub one day.

It contained information on all the different species they found. Information was included as to how to distinguish between the different species. They had taken samples they took at various points along the local coastline, to try to work out which was the most abundant. It was all very interesting (believe it or not) and professionally written.

Problem is when they come to marking these things. The college teachers can't really be assed. Guess what feedback was written at the bottom of this seaweed investigation.

"Good, but the graphs could do with a bit of colour"

I couldn't believe it, how could someone who it seems hasn't even read it sully the masterpiece with their red biro in this manner.

With these kind of projects, all they're looking for is some words on a page and the appearance that a little bit of effort has gone in.

I think the survey will suit it's intended pupose just fine.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »

I did it mate, good luck
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 01:42:13 AM »

Tank, there is no need to patronise the fella just because you feel guilty for calling his survey 'half-assed' on the other thread...

Maybe all he needs is some pretty graphs in which case his survey will do just fine. If however he wants anything more than that then he's going to need a bit of a rethink.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »

Fair point, I apologise. I've loads of respect for anyone subjecting themselves to any form of Higher education.

You mistake my motives though, I don't feel guilty. I just wanted an excuse to rant about seaweed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:22:48 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: