blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondes I Need Your Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondes I Need Your Help  (Read 1885 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

Right folks well as some of you may have gathered I am off to Portugal on a family holiday to take in the Celtic Benfica Game.

My previous football visits to Portugal have been plane from glasgow to faro on but took to game leave gameback on bus back to Faro on plane to Glasgow.

I am going to be staying in Praia Da Rocha which is in the Algarve I need the help of you Blondes on how I can get to Lisbon from here, driving is not an option as our only driver wont drive on the other side of the road - weirdo!!

So I need help on bus and train information, any help much appreciated.

Many thanks
G

4KingNutz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »

Do you have GOOGLE?    hehe
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

1. Go to a bus stop once you leave terminal

2. look at the timetable

3. having bought phrase book first

4. make sure you watch is set at the correct time for Portugal

5. Scan timetable for your destination

6. If you can't find it go to wizened old local and say in fractured ScotsPortugese "Buso, Benfica, whicho wayo?"

7. Give up, pay for taxi.

8. Lose match.

9. Get drunk.

10 Get arrested for offences to Omaha Hi Lo Cash games in Lisbon back street boozer

11 Plead guilty

12 Get deported

13 This solves return to airport problem

Happy to be of assistance

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:55:04 PM »

We'll call that Plan B

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

Just for the entertainment value, let's not tell GB how to get there and hear how he gets on when/if he gets back Smiley

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 12:52:25 AM »

Reminds me of a golfing comp I won and the final was played in portugal.

First night (Friday) these 3 guys went out in their hire car (provided in the prize) and didnt come back till the monday (day to fly home)

What happened to them? Well they drove accross the boarder into Spain (unknowingly) and didnt have their passports. Went into this little bar which they were soon joined by 3 ladies. Friendly conversation took place and 2 hours later, and 6 bottles of Asti (they bought this cos they thought it would be cheap) - the ladies left and they were presented with the bill.
Worked out to be close on £600 (each bottle was £100) and they didnt have enough money. The people kept them "prisoner" until monday morning, then drove them to a bank and got them to withdraw the £600

HOW STUPID can you get?!?

Oh and yes, they made the mistake of telling me in confidence - needles to say it was the main story in the golfing magazine that was covering the event 
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:15:33 AM »

1. Go to a bus stop once you leave terminal

2. look at the timetable

3. having bought phrase book first

4. make sure you watch is set at the correct time for Portugal

5. Scan timetable for your destination

6. If you can't find it go to wizened old local and say in fractured ScotsPortugese "Buso, Benfica, whicho wayo?"

7. Give up, pay for taxi.

8. Lose match.

9. Get drunk.

10 Get arrested for offences to Omaha Hi Lo Cash games in Lisbon back street boozer

11 Plead guilty

12 Get deported

13 This solves return to airport problem

Happy to be of assistance

Sounds perfect Tighty I could easily do 11 of those if it werent a family holiday.

I'll not tell you my plans for bhoys only tours to Europe :Dn

Got how I love European football - best experience we ever has was in Amsterdam, needless to say Celtic weren't playing theer we where in Germany but it worked out muchness cheapness gpoing through Holland.

We got embroiled in a wee tangle with some gooners (hooligans) when they decided to attack a drunken Celtic fan who was on his own in Teasers family orientated lap dancing clubs!  Cheesy

I was there with me Da, Cousin, Uncle and a Mate - we obviously stuck up for the drunken Celtic fan all the guy did was fall when he was drunk and got a bottle over the head.  Along with 3 West Ham boys the riot that took place was unbelivable more bottles tables and charis smased than in yous standard westerrn saloon.

Anyway the tales that spread across the internet where legendary - apparently Celtic Hoolies CSC (Celtic Soccer Crew) had turned over the Gooners in the Dam Cheesy

Although the Celtic hoolies where no where near the dam they where being pursued by Football Intelligence from Glasgow all the way down South onto the boat to France where they spent the next 2 days on a bus travelllng to Germany trying to loose the scottish cops!!

bone1986

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »

Try this http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=87cbd5abe2a74010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD&lang=en

There is a big bus terminal in a new leisure development on the outskirts of Lisbon,this has a good srevice to all parts of Portugal you need to check local time tables for those, I can't remember what its called but it is marked on the underground network as is the benfica ground. There are not a lot of bars around the ground so the best place to get a drink pre match is in the main square in the center of Lisbon this is also on the underground.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 10:42:33 AM by bone1986 » Logged

"There are two types of people who pray; those who pray in Church and those who pray at the poker table. The only difference is that those who pray at the poker table really mean it."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: