blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Gala Niotts £300, Sunday - Overnight Chip Counts
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gala Niotts £300, Sunday - Overnight Chip Counts  (Read 2809 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2005, 06:09:38 AM »

24 return for Day Two, with average chips at 27,804, & 20 minutes left at 800-1,600. These are the survivors, in table & seat order.....(I have put the blondeites names in brackets where I know them - there may be more).

Table 1

Ralph Shalson (Karabiner) 37,800

L Javed 17,100

Jamie Moult (bookiebasher) 64,400

Marie Demetriou (Chilli Pepper) 24,600

tikay 4,900

Anthony Nicholls 61,200 - BUTTON

D Hucknall 14,400

Adrian Swingler 13,200

Sean O'Donnell 19,900

Table 2

T Ferrari 25,400 - BUTTON

D Troake 10,800

A Cartwright 99,900

J Armstrong 20,400

G Gabriel 8,600

A Omer 14,300

B Brown 19,800

K S Lee 45,000

Table 3

C Payne 13,500

S Ahmed 12,800

Rob Yong (Rob Yong) 24,800

John Grice (MPower) 27,500

Greek Jack Dionysiou 46,300

S Miah, 40,600

J Wong 8,800

H Chattoo 19,100

Play re-commences at 6.30pm on Monday. A few notelets from the evening in next post.....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 06:11:33 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 06:44:55 AM »

It was blonde heaven at Gala Notts tonight - too many blondeites to mention or even remember.

Red-Dog was there, making his last pre-blonde appearance. He is not best pleased with the scoundrels who started all this "Red-Dog gotta go blonde" mischief. I pledged that I would help him to trace them. Ironside seems to be the chief suspect. Tom had no luck, & exited shortly after the break as I recall. He found himself stranded & pot-committed with AQ & had to call the RR - RR-er had AK, & he was soon history.

I met "Sunday at 8pm" & "Coca919" for ther first time. Poor Sunday exited 3rd and, fully over fully - ouch!

Thewy (Julian) hit EVEYTHING first hour, including holding AJ on an AJJ flop, & finding Matey Boy (K-J) betting into him, & he was soon in grand shape, ducking & diving & dancing. But he lost a mint with his Aces, when he ran nto 2 pair - he felt he was behind, but struggled to pass, & got crippled. The remains of his original 5k (it was a Single Rebuy jobbie, & he had yet to Rebuy) disappeared in an absolutely monster pot. He held 7-5 on a 7-4-3 (2 clubs) flop, Javed had the nuts (5-6), Matey Boy # 1 had KQ clubs, & Bg Dave Smith had KK. Turn was the K, to give Big Dave top set, but the mini-straight held on for a 30k+ pot. Julian took his rebuy, blinded down to about 3,500, then moved all-in with TT. I had limped with AK hoping something like this would happen, called the R, & caught my K. Sleep well Julian.

Lawrence Gosney exited early, as did blondeite Pete Costa.

Other blondeites noted included Junior, Jammer, Redsimon, Malc M, MPower, Chris Bruce, Chilli Pepper, Karabiner, Rob Yong, & Nick Whiten.

A raiding party from Blackpool were repelled when they rung up at 4pm to se what time ther comp started & were told 7pm. It was scheduled to kick off at 8.30....... 91 runners actually played.

MPower - due to become a Dad again any day now - got off to a flyer, when holding 55 on a 4-4-5 flop, & finding Matey Boy wih a monster.

Karabiner & Red-Dog met for the first time. Tom said he was surprised, he had thought that Karabiner was old & doddery. He was not wrong. But Karabiner, despite his (alleged) dodderyishness, clung on with a lowish stack most of the night, before moving in wtth A-9 diamonds, & walking into bookiebashers KK. Three diamonds gave it to the (alleged) old boy. On the final hand of the night, a small raise saw 4 players take the flop, & it came 2-2-3, two diamonds. Karabiner called Anthony Nicholls (KQ)10k bet wth his AK diamonds, and a rivered diamond gave him a well-deserved 2xup. Well deserved? He'd been patient, & was due some luck.

Adrian Swingler, who has a really odd game, was unlucky to lose with KK against Sean O'Donnell's QQ, but he survived, & is still in.

Nick Whiten was sat next to me all night, & the pair of us were utterly card-dead. Nick then misread his hand, his 9-4 of clubs being outdrawn by BB Adrian Swinglers 8-8.

I had a torrid evening, quite unable to make any progress, & slipping into the "move-in" mode. I return with 4,900 - I'll ask the Taxi to wait.....

Many thanks to Nigtfly for the Chip Counts. A good structure, too.

Good Luck to them all on Monday evening.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 08:47:04 AM »

Managed to build my stack up to 20000 at the 200/400 level, recovering well from an "accident" with TT. Then misplayed two pots. One with QQ laid down to a 12000 reraise, matey boy was behind. Then I overvalued AK versus a very odd guy on my table who had TT. T on flop which he slow played to perfection, Ace on the river which put a flush up and I tried a "I've hit" move which works badly when matey boy has trips and doesn't even think about the flush there Wink....so that hand killed off 15000 chips and  I didn't hang around...

Plenty of Blondites there, had RED DOG (Mr Card dead) on my first table.

Good luck to those going back later today. Could be a long day

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:52:25 AM »

Great structure with plenty of play left for everybody but TK.
Well done Rob !!!!!
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 11:05:26 AM »

so whats the payout?

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 11:28:58 AM »

i believe coca919 is Tom Ferrari

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:01 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
played so badly in one pot and then had a huge river suckout!!!! - not impressed and in a REALLY bad mood today!!!

Good luck Mpower and bookie basher, also GL to Tikay and Chilli Pepper.

What happened to Nigel Smith - he had loads of chips, did he bus out or has he been missed from the list?
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 12:22:35 PM »

played so badly in one pot and then had a huge river suckout!!!! - not impressed and in a REALLY bad mood today!!!

What happened to Nigel Smith - he had loads of chips, did he bus out or has he been missed from the list?

Hopefully Stags will crush the 'Pies later on to improve your mood  Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 12:37:23 PM »

Hopefully Stags will crush the 'Pies later on to improve your mood  Cheesy

C'mon you Pies!!!

("I had a wheelbarrow......." (pie fans will know what the hell I'm on about))

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 12:47:56 PM »

so whats the payout?

I think its about £840 for 10th and £16,000 ish for 1st.  Can only guess the amounts inbtween.

M POWER
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »

Cheers Greg

Pleased with my play last night went card dead for 2 levels last night hopefully make a good start
today and then go on to win it. I have the game today of "CALL ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE MONEY "
Also on the baby front Sarah is doing a head stand at the moment just to slow things down.

Regards

M

P.S Do you like the confidence  Undecided
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 01:59:58 PM »

There are more chairs at my table than I have chips.......

I am obliged to move in during the first 2 or 3 hands, & I am guaranteed at least one caller from the blinds, so it's double up or bust!

I wish everyone the best of luck, & I hope Mrs MPower does the decent thing & does not have the baby during the early evening. Make sure you keep us updated with the "Baby News" please MPower

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 02:02:34 PM »

Goodluck to you all 2nite.  Kiss

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 02:09:02 PM »

good luck all, will probably catch the later action before the tonights 30PL comp...i expect to see ALL blondites still present!
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 02:52:03 PM »

Good luck all Blondes

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: