blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272905 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  SPL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SPL  (Read 1795 times)
MonkeyDonkey

View Profile
SPL
« on: August 30, 2005, 12:31:08 AM »

Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League Table

P GD PTS
1 Hearts         5 12  15
2 Celtic          5  6   10
3 Kilmarnock   5  5   10
4 Hibernian     5  4   10
5 Rangers       5  2   9

After recent threads (from about a week an a half back), that sure makes some interesting reading....

"Monkeys are superior to men in this: when a monkey looks into a mirror, he sees a monkey." - Malcolm De Chazal
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 12:38:59 AM »

As someone who knows little about scottish football, could someone in the know tell me .... have Hearts got a big enough squad to cover a few injuries ?? i think this is where celtic and Rangers will have an advantage and I cant see hearts keeping up this momentum.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 12:42:26 AM »

there was a deal done with barnet for a player swap/pool but this has since been veto'd by the spl as the players involved were of far too high a standard to play in the northern colony

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MonkeyDonkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 12:47:05 AM »

Probably not Kev. This happens every so often, both Celtic and Rangers get off to crap starts and everyone gets a bit excited....then they both pull ahead despite it.

As a Celtic fan I'm not especially chuffed with the way things are going, but I don't doubt it'll be us and Rangers fighting it out again. Unless a Russian millionnaire comes in, buys Hearts and drives everyone mental.

"Monkeys are superior to men in this: when a monkey looks into a mirror, he sees a monkey." - Malcolm De Chazal
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 12:50:35 AM »

Well you are ok then .... the next Russian billionaire is booked for Burnley Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 01:14:49 AM »

Probably not Kev. This happens every so often, both Celtic and Rangers get off to crap starts and everyone gets a bit excited....then they both pull ahead despite it.

As a Celtic fan I'm not especially chuffed with the way things are going, but I don't doubt it'll be us and Rangers fighting it out again. Unless a Russian millionnaire comes in, buys Hearts and drives everyone mental.

hearts have a lithinian millionaire which is why they have a few good litheniuian players in there team

they are about 4 or 5 players short on what mr burley wants to see them thru the season

hearts having played 5 and won 5 look good but they havent played an old firm team yet
if they can get 4 points from the first meetings with the old firm i would say they are looking good

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 09:16:47 AM »

ah a decent conversation.

time will tell, hearts have the form but they are still inknown as an outfit. I suspect as the season goes on other teams may get to know their new players and know how to play them.

Then we will see if they have real quality....i suspect they may be a lot closer but in reality it is probable that celtic and rangers will still be the main teams....they have both gone back a lot in terms of quality and consistency.

makes picking a coupon more difficult at this point however..
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 10:32:51 AM »

Hearts have been quite impressive - but like the others I doubt their renaissance can last the season.

But - should they keep in contention till Christmas & the signing window - then they might get more money from Romanov.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the poor benightedd fools who continue to compare the SPL to the Championship/Div 1.... I suggest you look at the European results between Scots & English clubs in the last 10 years or so. They tell a different story.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »

hearts have a lithinian millionaire which is why they have a few good litheniuian players in there team

they are about 4 or 5 players short on what mr burley wants to see them thru the season

hearts having played 5 and won 5 look good but they havent played an old firm team yet
if they can get 4 points from the first meetings with the old firm i would say they are looking good

based on Hibs performance against Rangers, I don't doubt Hearts ability to cruise to victory. I've already ordered my Hearts shirt, much to the anger of my wives Rangers daft family Smiley
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

based on Hibs performance against Rangers, I don't doubt Hearts ability to cruise to victory. I've already ordered my Hearts shirt, much to the anger of my wives Rangers daft family Smiley

I've offered you a bet on a another thread that you've yet to respond to.

Celtic or Hearts, who will finish higher?

Are you interested?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: