blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  should i have called on the river?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: should i have called on the river?  (Read 1439 times)
richmagpies

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:15:35 PM »

Grateful for any comments on my play or any advice.

Small stakes STT, by hand 13 only 5 left, so obviously a loose game with people going all in with crap and busting out lol. I've been playing tight and in hand 7 I have folded  on the button after a bet, raise and re-raise, original raiser had  , all in re-raiser had  , so good fold pre-flop until the on the flop along with the  which would have given me a full house and tripled me up grrrrrr lol.

Doubled up with  in hand 15 when chip leader couldnt put down his 

Anyway hand in question is H26,
blinds 50/100,
approx chip counts are I have 3.7k on the button, sb has 4.2k, bb has 3k, utg has 2.7k, next guy has 4.5k so not much in it.

I pick up  on the button, utg folds, next player folds, i raise to 300 primarily as a steal but happy to see flop too given its now 3 handed after the 2 folds and im on the button. sb and bb both call, flop is  , we all check.

Turn is  hitting my gutshot to give me the nut straight - bingo! Cheesy sb bets 800, bb folds, i re-raise to 1600, sb calls.

River is  , sb checks, i bet 800, he raises all in for his last 1.3k, i call and he turns over  to give him full house and bust me grrrr lol.

Was i right to bet on the river after his check? Or should I have just checked it down and not given him the option of re-raising? No flush on the board and the only hands beating me (or so i think) were TT, 99, 88, KK or a K with a T98 so basically 7 hands. Awful play by me? or him? or was i just unlucky that he hit one of his 4 outs? Should i have raised more preflop and been happy with the blinds? Happy to be told I'm a fish/muppet/chimp if it helps me improve! lol

Cheers!

lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »

looks just unlucky to me he could be playing 2 pair/trip ks or split pot on the river can't see what other play you could use here maybe a little more of a raise pre flop but you stated it was very lose and the range of hands to call you here would be high in there view so you hit the nuts and got outdrawn it happens.

if you don't bet, he can't fold. but he always calls, so don't bet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: