blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde Update - Main Site
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Update - Main Site  (Read 1741 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »

The Home Page has improved out of all recognition in my opinion. Snoops efforts, & indeed Jen's, have been magnificent. I think it's as good a Home Page as any on the UK Poker scene, with fresh content every single day. But I suppose I am biased - but, truly, it's very good indeed, & much improved.

Why do we have a Home Page, & all that lovely content, though?

To attract advertising, in short, & to make for a more "rounded" site. The blend of Forum, BPL & Home Page adds up to more than the sum of its parts.

Now I have to go & sell that advertising space. I really don't want advertising on the Forum (BPL apart), so thats down to me for the moment.

If you have any suggestions as to how we can improve the Home Page, please let us know.

Our Results Service is still, very probably, bottom of the league - but it's not something which anyone can get to perfection quickly, it's a "slow-build" thing. And it IS getting there, slowly but surely. Traffic stats tell us that plenty of you use the service, so we shall persevere & build the thing properly, over time. It will need a re-design soon, & plans for that are in hand.

We are in talks which may lead to a sponsored Bookmakers Page.

SEO will make an immense difference to Home Page Unique Visits. (UV's are the yardstick by which we can determine better advertising rates. Forget "hits", they are meaningless). The sooner I can get SEO implemented, the better, this is by far our biggest failing. It's not cheap, but we can nearly afford it now, I think. In fact, we can't afford not to afford it!

We also hope to add revenue producing "games" to the Home Page - watch this space!

If you can help with suggestions for our Home Page, we are listening.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:04:41 PM »

Is it me having a  ? I haven't got a clue what SEO is!

Jack

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 04:09:24 PM »

http://www.searchengineoptimising.com/
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »

SEO will make an immense difference to Home Page Unique Visits. (UV's are the yardstick by which we can determine better advertising rates. Forget "hits", they are meaningless). The sooner I can get SEO implemented, the better, this is by far our biggest failing. It's not cheap, but we can nearly afford it now, I think. In fact, we can't afford not to afford it!

Not cheap? Depends where you go or who you ask Cheesy Theres software that will do a lot of things for you at the click of a button, many of which are freely available if you know where to look. Most IT professionals will end up using one of those tools and charging a hefty sum for the priveledge.
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »

Not cheap? Depends where you go or who you ask Cheesy Theres software that will do a lot of things for you at the click of a button, many of which are freely available if you know where to look. Most IT professionals will end up using one of those tools and charging a hefty sum for the priveledge.

Where do I look??!!

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:00:26 PM »

One would assume the same places that you might find free movies and free music. Not that I would advocate such services you understand.
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 06:08:23 PM »

Ah, I get the picture!

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »

Seriously though, tools like webseo offer free features, and to purchase the application isn't a whole wad of cash either.

I guess it boils down to understanding what these tools do and whether you want to pay a premium to go that 10-20% extra yardage that tools won't cover.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 06:13:53 PM »

Some of us have tools that will cover the extra 10-20%

The older I get, the better I was.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »

I agree with Mikky here, you dont need to spend an arm and a leg for seo work, and why hasnt Blonde poker got any PR from Google yet? very strange??? Surely your web Site boys should be doing this?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 08:18:02 PM »

I agree with Mikky here, you dont need to spend an arm and a leg for seo work, and why hasnt Blonde poker got any PR from Google yet? very strange??? Surely your web Site boys should be doing this?

That's a long story, & one I can't really explain. (Because I don't really know). It's to do with the Terms upon which our Current Web Guys - who have been superb - were engaged.

We know the answer, & we are just a matter of weeks away from a resolution. That will make a monster difference.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

In such a short space of time from having just a forum it has now expanded into a fantasitc main site, the contributers at Blonde must be very pleased in how its gone.

To have a team of people willing to write stories, conduct interviews, write blogs, take pictures, update results etc  makes for me the website just as important as the forums.

If it was not for the main site and the forums I would be bloody bored at work thats for sure.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 08:46:40 PM »

If it was not for the main site and the forums I would get a lot more work done thats for sure.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

If it was not for the main site and the forums I would get a lot more work done thats for sure.

Cheesy I know that feeling. Luckily I didn't have much work to do when I was at Transco.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: