blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272894 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Boy the police are clever...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boy the police are clever...  (Read 4671 times)
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:32:29 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/6150324.stm

Young drivers in free race offer
Car on Knockhill Racing Circuit
Drivers who are stopped by police will be given free entry to Knockhill
So-called boy racers will be given free access to Knockhill Racing Circuit in a police scheme to curb problem driving.

Fife Constabulary said they have teamed up with the race venue to try to deter young drivers from speeding along Kirkcaldy's Esplanade.

The drivers stopped by police will be given information and free entry to events at Knockhill.

Pc Paul Thomson said the initiative would allow drivers to show off their cars and test skills in a safe setting.

He added: "With this generous offer from Knockhill Racing Circuit we are able to show our commitment to the problem by liaising with our target groups and show them that there are better places than the Esplanade to show off their cars.

"It also demonstrates that driving can still be fun in the proper environment whilst putting across our message that anti-social driving is unacceptable in the local community."

Councillor Alice Soper, whose constituency includes the Esplanade, said the scheme was part of the ongoing work to "find a solution to the boy racer problem".

So Basically get a free day out at knockhill by speeding...  >:?
dan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:48:57 PM »

well this is in scotland 
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »

I happen to think this is a decent initiative.

Its proven that by punnishing them with other means available isn't working, and fair play the the cops in Fife for trying something different.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

Its proven that by punnishing them with other means available isn't working, and fair play the the cops in Fife for trying something different.

Where are you getting this information from?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:13:10 PM »

I agree with Bandit, let them practice before they go back on public roads

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »

I think the police in Fife are thinking that this tactic may help drivers " get it out of their system"   if it works I'll be surprised.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:28:48 PM »

This is in my town and the boy racers are everywhere, and a couple of months ago a boy racer got locked up for knocking down and killing a little girl. fair enough throw away the key is far as am concerned but why wait till the crime is done then punish them, guess they are just trying something new if it saves one life then it works in my view.

if you don't bet, he can't fold. but he always calls, so don't bet
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:32:13 PM »

I honestly think this a good idea too.

If you were a parent it wouldn't be a bad plan. Police telling kids not to do it, erm, ok officer, ya fanny, vrooooooom.
This concedes that it is fun, but demonstrates there's a time and place for it. I think the kids are far more likely to get the message. I hope it does work, and wish Fife polis all the best (in this endeavour at least)

"Free tickets"
might be a kind of irresponsible way to report about it though, I'm thinking it's designed to get us thinking that we are molly coddling hoodlums. That always makes a cracking story.

It'll be a kind of drivers ed day. "driving can still be fun in the proper environment whilst putting across our message that anti-social driving is unacceptable in the local community." is the key phrase for me.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 07:33:06 PM »

if it saves one life then it works in my view.

Darn tootin 

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:56 PM »

Where are you getting this information from?

Government statistics that are published on a regular basis show that by punnising drivers by the use of penalty points is innefective.
Further have a look at any information published by the MID.  And I am sure you will see regular reports if you keep upto date with the ABI wedbsite.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »

I can just see it..guy gets stopped by police and is given the free entry to Knockhill and what not.  His mates ask how he got it, he says "by speeding on the esplanade", cue his mates driving about like maniacs in the hope they get free entry as well
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 08:01:47 PM »

My thoughts exactly Bazza, it should be available to all without having to be stopped by the police
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »

I've done a couple of track days, they are great fun but your average speed driving home is a lot higher than on the way there. Once you've been sliding round corners at 80mph, 120 on the motorway home seems like a stroll in the park.
roverthtaeh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »

Rewards for speeders, compensation for drug addicted prisoners, new identities for paedeophiles, rehabilitation for murderers.....
Putting the Great into Great Britain.

When I grow up, I'm gonna be stable.
When I grow up, I'm gonna turn the tables.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 09:02:42 PM »

Rewards for speeders, compensation for drug addicted prisoners, new identities for paedeophiles, rehabilitation for murderers.....
Putting the Great into Great Britain.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: