blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  how genorous are blondes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how genorous are blondes?  (Read 5738 times)
ziggy

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »

ok yesterday i was off work,went for a haircut,tipped 10%. got a cab to meet my girlfriend,tipped 20%. we did some shopping and then went for ameal, tipped 15%.   when i raturned home the concierge had a dhl delivery fir me,i gave him a fiver. especilly at this time of year tipping never seems to end,i wondered who and how much blondes tip? or even has any1 recieved an extraordinary  tip- i know the last sentence is open 2 thread hijack-try 2 restrain yourselves guys!!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »

i once got tipped a bottle of louis tres brandy, the guy buying it just said and 'have one yourself'. i naturally enquired 'a glass?' and he clarified that he meant a bottle.

i don't particularly like brandy so my grandad and his pals enjoyed it round at the community centre.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 01:14:43 PM »

I tip a pound when my pizza gets delivered.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »

I tend to round up to the nearest £1

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »

I tend to round up to the nearest £1

You're cheap though mate.

Depending on how much I spend I ussually tip %'s (10-15 being quiteb common) if a taxi is 7.50 to8£ it's a tenner though..same for food deliveries.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 01:32:45 PM »

I was gonna start a tipping thread but I've seen them on 2+2 turning into slagging matches. I was interested to know how much people tip the pizza driver. I always tip a pound but I used to deliver pizzas 15 years ago and used to get tipped a pound a reasonable amount of the time so I should probably be tipping more now. Or do people tend to give a percentage like 10 or 15% and round it up or down to the nearest pound or something?

Also do people tip their postman and dustmen at Christmas? Our postman is in his 50s or 60s and does what looks like a really hard job, but giving him a card with a fiver in it seems more like a sick joke than a tip, even £10 to a 60 year old seems rubbish but £20 seems too much to me. i'm thinking about leaving a box of Stella out for the dustmen but I'm worried about it getting stolen also we have 2 dustmen the normal ones and the recycling ones so I guess that's one box on each dustbin?

Very interested in what other people do but I hope it doesn't turn into a "You're a cheap B****** if you don't tip" "WTF I don't tip anyone they get paid to do their job" "I'm sooo rich I tip everyone eleventy billion" snoozefest of a thread.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »

This is a subject which really, really gets to me.

Why should we be expected to tip people just for doing their job?

You get your haircut. You pay to have it done. Why should the geezer get a tip on top of his wage for doing his job?

Even more for a taxi driver. they EXPECT a tip. They are (usually) self employed and get 100% of your fare.

I only tip when I consider service is exceptional.

I would far rather give the money that most people would tip to a homeless person or a charity.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

I don't tip at all, its just against my rationale.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »

Gryff's real identity revealed.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 01:47:21 PM »

I would far rather give the money that most people would tip to a homeless person

To avoid a thread hijack, snoozefest, I'll say no more.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »

Gryff's real identity revealed.

I see your witty image and raise you.

Click to see full-size image.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 01:52:24 PM »

I would far rather give the money that most people would tip to a homeless person

To avoid a thread hijack, snoozefest, I'll say no more.

When I'm driving in London I spend half my time cursing and swearing at the inconsiderate and selfish driving of taxi drivers.

It would be hypercritical in the extreme for me to tip a taxi driver them when I am forced to use them.

Sorry if I am making this thread a snoozefest, but I have never had this debate on a messageboard.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:57:46 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »

Why should we be expected to tip people just for doing their job?

You shouldn't feel expected to and if you do thats your problem and your insecurity, not society's

I'd propose that a reason for tipping when expected but not deserved is that its a simply a nice thing to do, people that are tipped regularly, such as fast food delivery drivers, cab drivers and barbers dont earn a fortune and its just a NICE thing to do, THEY just might appreciate it
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 02:03:01 PM »

I'm fine with people not tipping. I don't tip when it's clearly expected...like when I'm in a restaurant and it say "A service charge of 15% has been included in the price, but we suggest a 10% tip" (I've seen that a lot) I take that 15% off immediatly and won't pay it nor will I give the 10% They can kiss my hiney. But delivery guys and taxi drivers I ussually do tip but mainly because I can't be bothered with change.

Also if service has been rubbish I don't tip.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »

i'd rather give to a homeless person than most charities because at least i know where it goes (i know this isn't tipping just giving but hey ho).

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: