blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive  (Read 74271 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2007, 10:51:24 PM »

snoops can we have a chip count plz. thankyou.  

come on Damon. A great guy who deserves this.

Jen back - chips are being counted during the current 10 MINUTE BREAK.

When they return, blinds will be 10k/20k ante 2k
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »

i can understand the pass tikay,  strange exzample but how many times have we got rockets and we know were behind on the flop and stick it in  or got kings pre flop know someones got aces and stick it in,  it takes a true great to be able to pass a player who has been in the game as long as paul has has seen it all, he wouldnt of passed if he thought he was ahead and who are we to judge him he has relied on his reads for years

have to say i respect his pass personally i couldnt of done it but it takes like i said before a true great to pass thease hands

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2007, 10:53:20 PM »

Has he ever won a major event?

Paul Parker? He's probably had around 50 Fessie Cashes in the last 4 years, no Major wins, but he's predominantly a Cash Player. And a survivor.
The only reason I ask is because I know for a fact that you would need a gun in your hand to get Praz or Karl to pass a set there.

and Karl might still call

Agreed, many of us felt the same. I can't pass those Nines, for sure, & I'm Mr Rockity Rock.

But that misses the point completely.

a) He may have been  correct.

b) Neither Karl, Parz, or myself, have survived in Poker as long as Paul has. Paul has played & survived at a high level of Poker since before Karl & Parz were born. So we must be careful how we relative newbies judge the man.

I just wanted people to understand why snoops made the "Paul Parker Syndrome" comment, it makes no sense unless you know what was behind it, & the story had not gone beyond those present at Bolton.

Personaly, I would take all those years of survival over winning the odd major all day long.

The older I get, the better I was.
englishrose

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »

thanks jen. thumbs up

you call me a bitch, like it`s a bad thing.
MoodyRiver

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2007, 10:57:34 PM »

i can understand the pass tikay,  strange exzample but how many times have we got rockets and we know were behind on the flop and stick it in  or got kings pre flop know someones got aces and stick it in,  it takes a true great to be able to pass a player who has been in the game as long as paul has has seen it all, he wouldnt of passed if he thought he was ahead and who are we to judge him he has relied on his reads for years

have to say i respect his pass personally i couldnt of done it but it takes like i said before a true great to pass thease hands
To say he wouldn't have passed if he thought he was ahead, is a given. But my point is can you really ever win one of these things with his mind set?

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! (Erasmus 1531).     In the land of the blinds all you need is a king! (MoodyRiver 0745)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »

Has he ever won a major event?

Paul Parker? He's probably had around 50 Fessie Cashes in the last 4 years, no Major wins, but he's predominantly a Cash Player. And a survivor.
The only reason I ask is because I know for a fact that you would need a gun in your hand to get Praz or Karl to pass a set there.

and Karl might still call

Agreed, many of us felt the same. I can't pass those Nines, for sure, & I'm Mr Rockity Rock.

But that misses the point completely.

a) He may have been  correct.

b) Neither Karl, Parz, or myself, have survived in Poker as long as Paul has. Paul has played & survived at a high level of Poker since before Karl & Parz were born. So we must be careful how we relative newbies judge the man.

I just wanted people to understand why snoops made the "Paul Parker Syndrome" comment, it makes no sense unless you know what was behind it, & the story had not gone beyond those present at Bolton.

Personaly, I would take all those years of survival over winning the odd major all day long.

Me too. I adore Tournament Poker, and as long as I nick enough to be able to continue playing it, that'll do me nicely. Many take the same view, others burst on the scene, shine brightly for a few month or years, then disappear. Poker is littered with such examples, including Bracelet Winners.

Each to their own, I'm happy to hang in there, I've never had so much fun.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2007, 11:01:37 PM »

you can survive in thease comps playing like that of cause once u get into the final the mind set changes or as you approach the bubble etc,   there is 2 ways u can play 1 go for the chips early try be chip leader threwout  or sneak threw gradually buliding grinding the chips and makeing the final then moving,   i tend to think from what i have read only is that paul is the grinder type he may never win a massive comp but he will make a lot more finals and win more money in the long run, which is what this game is about in the long run makeing the finals getting the paydays

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »

To say he wouldn't have passed if he thought he was ahead, is a given. But my point is can you really ever win one of these things with his mind set?

I have no idea. Maybe he prefers to live to fight another day, to "survive" rather than win. Each to their own. See my previous Post.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »

But my point is can you really ever win one of these things with his mind set?

[/quote]

He will win one soon, trust
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »

Paul Parker= Top fella, a true gent, vvv funny and fantastic to have at the table. I love the guy... i still don't pass
shah
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »

Good luck damon, look after my 10%, just joking boys, don,t get excited! You deserve to win it mate as you,ve got a touch of class.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2007, 11:08:45 PM »

Paul Parker= Top fella, a true gent, vvv funny and fantastic to have at the table. I love the guy... i still don't pass

And so say most of us newbies.......

MoodyRiver

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »

I have no idea. Maybe he prefers to live to fight another day, to "survive" rather than win. Each to their own. See my previous Post.
But the point is, he didn't survive!

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! (Erasmus 1531).     In the land of the blinds all you need is a king! (MoodyRiver 0745)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

So, revised counts:

Damon D'Cruz     222k
Karl Mahrenholz   714k
Ian Nelson         178k
Greg Howard      180k
Praz Bansi          531k
Alan Henson       207k

Greg Howard is a friendly guy - apparently he's not been playing forever like some of the finalists, but has had quite a bit of online success after deciding to take up the game...look him up if you want more.  Anyway, he bet on himself £20 each way at 125-1 so he's considering this a win-win situation, being on the final and all.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »

But the point is, he didn't survive!

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: