blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fold on flop or see the turn?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fold on flop or see the turn?  (Read 2270 times)
Jezebel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »

I don't see the point of flat calling then betting out???  Why did you do that instead of re raising?
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »

trying to keep control of the pot. i will reraise on flop in future, and fold if he comes over the top again.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »

How much of your stack will you have put in with a reraise on the flop though?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
N_Baldo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »

I dont fold on the flop @ all. All in on flop ( any re raise gives him odds to call with flush draw anyway, and if he pushes you call right?).....or call the $50 and push the turn on a non scary turn card. I think hes either got an overpair or a set here, either one hes not folding but just to keep the pot under control and force an error on your opponents side if he has flush draw... i might peel off one more card. If he had club draw here, a call might be better spot, cos you either fold AK,AQ here or you push over the top so I cant see him holding 2 clubs, plus hes in position  and can just call for $30.

BTW, If he does have an overpair and u move all in - he folds his overpair where as if you call and lead @ a non scary turn card he may go with it. Just my thoughts.
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »

the guy had a set is there anyway i can get away from this is my point? most of these posts advise me to push with only one pair surely this isnt right?

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »

the guy had a set is there anyway i can get away from this is my point? most of these posts advise me to push with only one pair surely this isnt right?

The fact that its a drawing flop is why ppl are advising aggression - if this was a tightish player u cld prob find a fold - but no one knows what kind of player he is.
N_Baldo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »

Yeah i figured it was overpair or set .If you call then lead a non threatening turn and he pushes- chances are you;re beat. You don't HAVE to lose your stack here,if you call then lead like $100 on turn and he moves all in . Despite putting in like $200 you can save the last $200 cos its sickly likely you;re beat. But chances are you gonna get stacked this hand.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 05:30:59 AM »

If you're raised big on the flop OOP against an unknown or tight player after you've raised pre-flop with AA in full-handed cash, and you're both deep, then your best move long-term is to fold.

Over-playing big pairs post-flop is the biggest single mistake people make in full-handed cash.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: