blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  more help for a donkey
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more help for a donkey  (Read 2540 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »

Enter your model number here and it should sort you out:

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/index.asp

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
mex

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »

just going into internet options on your control panel and changed prefered to the belkin, it is connected allready just not selected

iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/mexico66.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

is that on my laptop or desktop mex

and can i have a step by step guide how i would do this
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 08:34:23 PM by lynx5.0 » Logged

if you don't bet, he can't fold. but he always calls, so don't bet
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:06 AM »

You don't need to install any software for a router.

First off, you need to give us plenty of information to get the right advice. We'll just be going around in circles forever otherwise.

Does your modem plug into a round cable, and a network cable? By missing blue cable, do you mean a USB cable? if so you won't need this if your using a router.

Are you setting this up for use with more than one computer? Is that why you are not just plugging the modem straight into the laptop?

Have you had your modem working by itself in this house? That is by far the first step for a cable connection, before you even introduce a router. If it's not cable however then you don't even need a modem, but i think we've established that it is (think..).

And any other information you think is relevant, please post it...
lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »

pluggede goes moved back into parents house set up router to modem plugged one cable into back of router and other into back of modem then took other wire pluged that into back of router leading to tower ( don't know if i need this link)

internet connection is telewest cable same as i used before yes it has a white round cable.

setting this up to use laptop and hopefully other desktop in other room so yes that why i cant connect straight to laptop.

modem works fine on this comp.

router is plugged in and all lights on except connected light witch is flashing instruction says that the light needs to stay on for it to be connected to internet.

so to recap I've had this working before off other desktop/modem now plugged into new desktop with had no wireless router before this one. modem working fine on this comp, its a white cable going in the back of modem. laptop it picking up signal from router but the light keeps on flashing.

don't know how much more info i need to give hope this dose the trick.

e-mailed belkin support as-well but could wait just as long for an reply and as you can tell i need it in simple terms

lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 10:09:21 PM »

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo ive now have internet on my laptop only took best part of a week, now my dads moaning as he cant get the internet on his desktop don't know what i have done ah well swings in round bouts and that

RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 06:49:49 AM »

It takes a little time for the ISP to update the MAC address of the router instead of the PC you are using so that may have been one reason for it not working straight away.

To get your desktop working, it needs to be plugged into the router with a network cable. (RJ-45 on both ends)

Then you should run the network set up wizzard as it may have been connected via USB previously not via the network, which means it won't work! To run this: Open My Computer, on the left there is a link to My Network places, click this. On the left there is a link that says Set up a Home or Small Office Network, click this. Just go through clicking next until you get to the Select a Connetion Method page, (screenshot below). You need to select, this computer connects to the internet through a residential gateway... Further on in the wizzard you have the option of enabling or disabling file and printer sharing, do whatever you need. Once you get to the end of the wizzard it should scan the network and detect the DHCP settings from the router and work!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: