blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How do you deal with this?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you deal with this?  (Read 850 times)
pswnio

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:59:35 PM »

Twice today I've been on the bubble of an SnG, three handed, where I've had 1500 chips, chip leader to my right on 6500 and a shorter stack to his right on 1000.

Every button raise I've made has been called by the big stack. But if I don't raise, the big stack *never* raises the short stack. So I can never get at shortie's chips. Both times I've ended up going out, once by calling shorties all in once he'd got ahead of me and once by raising all in from button and getting called by the big stack who drew out on me.

Is there any way of dealing with this situation?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »

Twice today I've been on the bubble of an SnG, three handed, where I've had 1500 chips, chip leader to my right on 6500 and a shorter stack to his right on 1000.

Every button raise I've made has been called by the big stack. But if I don't raise, the big stack *never* raises the short stack. So I can never get at shortie's chips. Both times I've ended up going out, once by calling shorties all in once he'd got ahead of me and once by raising all in from button and getting called by the big stack who drew out on me.

let me get this str8, the short stack is BB on your SB. Why dont you shove whenever its your turn to complete?
I think you probably just need to play more of them buddy.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:38 PM »

let me get this str8, the short stack is BB on your SB. Why dont you shove whenever its your turn to complete?

no the shortstack is BB on his button.

edit* not much you can do if the big stack doesn't give you respect. get them in with the best hand and hope it holds up.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:40:50 PM »

I hate this situation especially in satellites, the Bigstack doesnt really want to dobule shortie up and it's very likely shortie calls if he goes all in in his mind, so he doesn't bother, I think the best option is simply to push on shortstacks big blinds and hope BB doesnt wake up with hand. Hopefully he will be working on the same philiosophy as to why he doesnt raise the SB, let u two chip bitches kill each other Wink
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:45:11 PM »

Yes, sorry, biggie on my left... duh.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 12:15:56 AM »

Yeah, i thought i was right. Boldie must have had a blonde moment Wink
Just get the vips in with a decent hand, get more chips, then have more fold equity. Fight for 1st place here.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »

Yeah, i thought i was right. Boldie must have had a blonde moment Wink
Just get the vips in with a decent hand, get more chips, then have more fold equity. Fight for 1st place here.

DOH?!...I was sure i got that right...my mind is older then TK

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: