blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  go on then - I'll brave a post
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: go on then - I'll brave a post  (Read 1167 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »

Would be interested in views on whether this was such a bad call after being slated on TV and teased a bit on here for it Cheesy

Sky open - 1500 starting stacks, blinds up every 10 minutes.  A lot of the experts advocate playing tight for the first few levels, but with the structure I prefer to get involved early on and try to get a workable stack when everyone else starts to suffer with the blinds. 

Most of you will know the hand now from other threads.  Very first hand of the game, blinds are 10/20 and I have  in the small blind.  Player in early position min raises, next player min re-raises and button flat calls.  There's 180 in the pot, with a good chance the bb and first raiser are going to call.  It's 50 more to me and I decide to make the call with the thinking that if I don't hit the flop hard I can get out only 50 chips lighter than if I fold now.

The flop brings and K and a J and I'm not going anywhere.  If I've run into KK or JJ, then so be it, I'll play another game. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »

Well the first thing to say is the two minimum raisers and the flat caller on the button with 66,AK,AQ have given you great odds to see a flop. Loose optimistic call OOP but the strucutred does prmote getting chips early doors

More fool them!

Then post flop I see nothing worng, perfect flop for you

I would be interested to know how far you would have gone with it post flop on a K xx or J xx flop ...you are out of position and could do a lot of chips versus AK or AJ

what is it with these players min raising/min re-raising anyway?...later on same comp it goes call, call and QQ min raises in cut off, pricing blinds in and two limpers...he flops QQQ on a flushing/straightening board and gets done by a runner runner royal. On the Tv it was "how unlucky", Yes, but don't price the muppets in pre-flop then!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:37:47 PM »

what is it with these players min raising/min re-raising anyway?...later on same comp it goes call, call and QQ min raises in cut off, pricing blinds in and two limpers...he flops QQQ on a flushing/straightening board and gets done by a runner runner royal. On the Tv it was "how unlucky", Yes, but don't price the muppets in pre-flop then!

I think a lot of people simply don't know you can adjust the amount to raise - they simply hit the Raise button.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »

I agree with Richard

Nothing wrong here - as long as you would not do many chips if the flop comes Kxx or Jxx

I agree that you have to get involved early as the structure is very fast indeed.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »

Yes, but don't price the muppets in pre-flop then!

Your still waiting to hear if your application to host the show was successful then?

sponsored by Fyffes
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »

I am on the show in mid march.

A good night for everyone to suffer a simultaneous power failure as I am shy and likely to be nervous as a kitten

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:58 PM »

Lol, they got Barry Greenstein to say "LOL Donkaments" on HSP for charity - maybe we can do the same on blonde?

If Tighty says on live tv "Don't price the muppets in pre-flop then" i will personally donate 1 banana to charity, anyone else in? Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 04:59:14 PM »

good questions about the kxx or jxx flop scenarios.  In either situation I'd have bet the flop for about 2/3 pot and folded to any raise.  Flat callers would be more tricky.  So, virtual hand analysis then, what to do if the flop comes kxx or jxx?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »

Lol, they got Barry Greenstein to say "LOL Donkaments" on HSP for charity - maybe we can do the same on blonde?

If Tighty says on live tv "Don't price the muppets in pre-flop then" i will personally donate 1 banana to charity, anyone else in? Cheesy

I'll see your banana and raise a satsuma.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »

I'll see your banana and raise a satsuma.

......OK put me down for a small fruit basket....easy on the grapes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GO FOR IT TIGHTY !!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: