blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Still reminiscing.....Aromas now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still reminiscing.....Aromas now.  (Read 4492 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »

Still use dubbin on my boots (not footy ones).

Another great smell, is that of a new book.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:07 PM »

The first batch of loaves from the local bakers  at 5 - 6am.

The new baby smell

A coal burning fire.

The smell at las Palmas Airport, everytime i get off the plane i love that smell.

The first shot off the first tee after the fairways have just been trimmed, ( smells even better if its a good shot!!! )

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »

The first batch of loaves from the local bakersĀ  at 5 - 6am.

The new baby smell

A coal burning fire.

The smell at las Palmas Airport, everytime i get off the plane i love that smell.

The first shot off the first tee after the fairways have just been trimmed, ( smells even better if its a good shot!!! )

Yes, yes, "baby", "coal-fire" (or even better, wood fire) & freshly mown golf course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iceman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »

i cant think of anything better than bacon frying and the worst has to be vodka and lime
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 10:40:13 PM »

I could probably guess RED-DOG's.

The dying embers of a camp fire.

Dew evaporating at dawn on an autumn morning.

The first jet of exhaust fumes from a long-since thought beyond repair engine.

But most of all, Bacon.

Very perceptive, fyp

The older I get, the better I was.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:41 PM »

I love that smell you get when it's chucked it down after a dry spell - very evocative of childhood summers playing cricket on the park.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 10:52:30 PM »

I love that smell you get when it's chucked it down after a dry spell - very evocative of childhood summers playing cricket on the park.

Yes that "fresh" smell.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ZZZZZZZROPE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 10:55:22 PM »

i was gonna say that one, its a great smell, impossible to describe
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

Where I live there are some interesting aromas...

The town centre has breweries, a ready meal producer (and a kebab producer but that doesn't smell), marmite factory, animal feed place and they can all put out some interesting smells.

Not far in the other direction there is a nestle plant where they make coffee and if the breeze is in the right direction the whole village is fragranced with the aroma of roasting coffee. Interesting place that - it's built on either side of a country lane and until a few years ago there was a public right of way right through the middle of factory - always used to ride through on bikes. Next to a train track too.

That sounds like Burton upon Trent to me!

Breweries & Marmite fctories are usually close together. Marmite comes from the "sludge" left over at the bottom of the fermentation tanks, I think it's really dead yeast. And yeast, biologiocally & scientifically, is an extraordinary thing. I could go on.....

Correct sir!

I think you'd have loved it in the past - full of trains!

Have you been to the brewing museum?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 11:03:53 PM »

a match being lit
freshly baked bread
deep heat

My wife (then gf) had a part time job at Legoland in the cafe when she was at college.   I used to pick her up and she smelt of sausages that have been greasy fried - horrible smell, certainly one I remember that I don't like.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »

The town centre has breweries, a ready meal producer (and a kebab producer but that doesn't smell), marmite factory, animal feed place and they can all put out some interesting smells.

Not far in the other direction there is a nestle plant where they make coffee and if the breeze is in the right direction the whole village is fragranced with the aroma of roasting coffee. Interesting place that - it's built on either side of a country lane and until a few years ago there was a public right of way right through the middle of factory - always used to ride through on bikes. Next to a train track too.

That sounds like Burton upon Trent to me!

Breweries & Marmite fctories are usually close together. Marmite comes from the "sludge" left over at the bottom of the fermentation tanks, I think it's really dead yeast. And yeast, biologiocally & scientifically, is an extraordinary thing. I could go on.....

Correct sir!

I think you'd have loved it in the past - full of trains!

Have you been to the brewing museum?

No, I don''t like Beer!

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:50 PM »

You'd love the trains and old vehicles they have there though...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »

You'd love the trains and old vehicles they have there though...

OK, OK, own up. Who told you I like trains & old vehicles?

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »

Talking of old vehicles, will you be in Scotland for the Scottish leg of the APAT tour Tikay? if so will you be visiting the  National transport museum?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 12:10:15 AM »

Bongo , can you pop down the factory and get me some Guinness flavour marmite, they sold out everywhere down here within a day.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: