blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  The Coral-Gutshot Main Event, Day One
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Coral-Gutshot Main Event, Day One  (Read 29828 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »

blonde will be doing Live Updates of this tournament, providing the technology holds up.

The comp is scheduled to start at 8.00pm, though it's gonna be well busy, so maybe it will be a few minutes late starting.

Rhow is here, & I will be playing the comp, Dave too, but once I exit, I will assist Rhow or take over, as I know Rhow has a busy schedule of interviews to do for Poker 425.

We will be doing a feature on Gutshot on our News Page, but for those who don't know The Gutshot Club, it is going to be quite hard work updating during the early stages of the comp, so bear with us. The cardrooms are on 2 floors, downstairs is the no-smoking area, upstairs is smoker's paradise.

They break tables from downstairs first, so the action will eventually be on one floor, making our job a bit easier.

But The Gutshot is not large by the standards of what we are used to, so it's gonna be a bit cramped initially, until the field thins out.

If you have a player you want to follow, let us know, & we will keep an eye on him/her for you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 04:00:34 PM »

Who's playing? We will give you the names of those we recognize later. But I do know that William Hill have Julian Thew here, & Dave Colclough is on duty.

Walsall Main Event third Stuart Fox will be here, & The Vic Main Event 4th, Nik Whiten, too.

Joe Grech is playing, and I heard from Mark Patrick, Eurobet's Poker Manager, that Mike Magee will be here too. Mike has been unwell lately, so it will be good to welcome the popular Mike back.

OK, more runners & riders later, also the structure etc.

Join us later & follow the action.

Just a reminder, that the start is scheduled for 8pm - see you then!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:07:49 PM »

did i hear something about 10-2 v q-2  tikay?

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »

Is Brian Stander playing ?

Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 05:26:30 PM »

Just to confirm I witnessed the terrible soft play between Julian and Tikay last night. After a pre flop raise from our hero "Tikay" with 10 2 he was called by Julian. The flop comes something like J 8 2. Our hero is then faced with a bet from Julian which he calls. The turn gives no help but he bets large and is called by Tikay with his monster pair. The river comes another two. Julian bets out large again and our hero being the gent we all know him to be just calls with what must be the nuts. Julian then gives his "I'm sorry" face to Tikay and shows the 2. Tikay says nothing until he then sees the kicker. At this stage he shows his cards and proceeds to question the pre flop call from Julian. He then questions the direction the sun sets in and if Santa really exists before finally smoking himself silly. It has to be said that he takes his beats with good grace. This turnaround in fortunes happened in the space of 20 minutes. Julian went from a small stack to verrrrrrry large while Tikay returned to his normal position. Sorry
kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 06:42:07 PM »

GL tonight Tikay Cheesy

@kpnuts134
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 07:34:54 PM »

Irish Denis & S Woods.

The matter has been passed to my solicitor, who majors in libel, & you will be hearing from him in due course.

I may, if time permits, give the true facts a little later this evening, but I am too busy to be bothered with cretins right now.

But i would remind you that suggesting I would R in early position with 10-2 off is severely damaging to my reputation as a rock.

And anyway, how could the boy Thewy call my pre-flop R, he only had Q-2? How COULD he?

I guess you can't bluff an idiot.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 07:37:55 PM »

And another thing.

Supposing word of this affair reaches the ears of the Blackpool Boys? I was intended to be Nott's Secret Weapon. Now the cat's out of the bag that I'm as loose as a goose.

I am very cross about all this.

How COULD he call my R with that bag of spanners?

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 08:09:14 PM »

But i would remind you that suggesting I would R in early position with 10-2 off is severely damaging to my reputation as a rock.

Was it sooted then tony? Grin

GL in the main event. Hopefully you will be too busy playing to report the goings on!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »

Suited? Nope. I would have slow played it if it was. Obviously.

More to the point, Thewy's hand was NOT suited. The man's a maniac.

jonthomson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 08:30:25 PM »

More to the point, Thewy's hand was NOT suited. The man's a maniac.

7-2 I could understand, that hand has magical powers (cracked A-A with it earlier today). But Q-2? Garbage  Cheesy
Mrs C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 09:13:23 PM »

Some players around on the scene are:
Mike Mager
Richard Gryco
Ben Grundy - Milkybarkid
Stuart Fox
Julian Thew
Joe Grech
Jim The Bandit Britton
Nick Waiten
Koresh
Nottingham Nick
David Lloyd
Brian Johnson
Jac Arama
Bambos
Jim Reid
Jeff Rogers

Two players gone in first five mins!
Mrs C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 09:18:20 PM »

El Blondie made an early exit, again. Becoming a bit of a habit this..
Opponent with pocket J's he raised 500 pre-flop and Blondie with pocket Kingss re-raised 1500.
Flop comes 952 and Blondie bets 2500. His op with J's calls.
Turn comes a Jack!
But Blondie went all in for his last 5000, obviously his op' couldn't get his chips in fast enough and won the pot.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 09:20:39 PM »

is it jim the bandit or jim celtictiger thats playing

i know how dave feels just went out of the $5 event at a well know betting sites tourny with a very similair hand with the event only 5 minutes old

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 10:01:46 PM »

God - I feel like a right mug - out in the first level two big events on the trot !

Koresh 9000 chips is bullying Stuart Fox 6000
Julian has a big stack maybe 20,000
Mike Mghee 7000

The staring stacks were 8000 - 85 entries
72 players left - ave stack is now 9500
blinds are 100-200 now

Dave Rice 15k
Tikay 12k
oops Tikay loses a big pot down to 7k
Jim Reid 6k
Milkybar kid 10k
Dave Lloyd 17k