blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:18:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  River Decision...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: River Decision...  (Read 801 times)
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:17:37 AM »

LacoJurga - Tight Aggressive

GAME #525664632: Texas Hold'em NL $2.00/$4.00 2007-04-12 04:15:23
Table Hamilton
Seat 1: P0nt00n ($680.37 in chips)
Seat 2: TheNonfiler ($403.40 in chips)
Seat 4: Elitloppet ($1,134.02 in chips) DEALER
Seat 5: PreOpKathoey ($390.00 in chips)
Seat 6: LacoJurga ($194.20 in chips)
Seat 7: mrmitchen ($183.86 in chips)
Seat 10: ToRnOs ($490.30 in chips)
PreOpKathoey: Post SB $2.00
LacoJurga: Post BB $4.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to P0nt00n [   three diamonds]
mrmitchen: Fold
ToRnOs: Fold
P0nt00n: Call $4.00
TheNonfiler: Call $4.00
Elitloppet: Fold
PreOpKathoey: Call $2.00
LacoJurga: Check
*** FLOP *** [   two spades  ]
PreOpKathoey: Check
P0nt00n: Check
TheNonfiler: Check
*** TURN *** [ ]
P0nt00n: Check
TheNonfiler: Check
*** RIVER *** [ three clubs]
LacoJurga: Bet $12.00
P0nt00n: Raise $36.00
TheNonfiler: Fold
PreOpKathoey: Fold
LacoJurga: Raise $96.00

do you raise the river and if so do you call the final bet?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:10 AM »

Yes I raise the river like you did and yeah I would call the final bet..even though from the betting I think he might have backed into a straight. (maybe even a badly played set?)

there's no way he's putting you on a set here so he could also reraise with 2 pair.

I have to say I don't like the way this hand has been played. I would have bet it on the flop if I were in your position and try to take it down there and then. there's only one player to act behind you and you can therefore represent the ace. If mateyboy had a big hand he probably would have revealed it on the flop if you had raised 10$ and you wouldn't be wondering what to do on the river. (remember though I am a godawful player)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »

Yes I raise the river like you did and yeah I would call the final bet..even though from the betting I think he might have backed into a straight. (maybe even a badly played set?)

there's no way he's putting you on a set here so he could also reraise with 2 pair.

I have to say I don't like the way this hand has been played. I would have bet it on the flop if I were in your position and try to take it down there and then. there's only one player to act behind you and you can therefore represent the ace. If mateyboy had a big hand he probably would have revealed it on the flop if you had raised 10$ and you wouldn't be wondering what to do on the river. (remember though I am a godawful player)

I agree totally with Boldie. You have to raise river, and you have to call. He may well have the straight, but 2 pair is a strong possibility as he checked the hand from the BB.

Boldie also makes a good point about the flop play. Most players don't know how to increase their BB/100 fairly significantly from semi-bluffs/bluffs into unraised flop pots with few players.

This is a simple example of course- representing an ace, but there are so many other very basic small moves out there to use.

E.g.

Raising with position with a strong draw
Betting out from the blinds* when a hole card had made any pair Vs just one limper on a ragged flop
Betting out from the blinds* with strong draws Vs no more than 3 opponents
Betting out from the blinds *on a low paired board with air Vs no more than 3 opponents
Betting from last position Vs just blinds with any hand

In full handed cash, the flop is the best place to make moves and nick small pots. Very rarely bluff big pots on latter streets unless you know your opponent very well.

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »

if he's tight aggressive as you say then two pair is possible. but 45 is much more likely IMO. if he had position and had raised the river after you bet then two pair would be more likely. but to bet-reraise looks like a straight to me.
then again he's sat with less than 50BB. a little fishy? maybe this increases the possiblity of two pair?
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »

thenonfiler was a calling station hence the no bet

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: