blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  do i have enough value pre flop?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: do i have enough value pre flop?  (Read 943 times)
Table Manners

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:32:27 AM »

ok. 3 handed $1/$2 cash game on mansion. I'm on button on $230ish, SB has about $100. SB has shown quite a lot of aggression thus far, but I do actually believe him for a big hand in this situation since the raise is so small and usually his raises have been pretty big.

I make it $6 to go from the button with KTo, SB raises it to $12, BB folds. Back to me.

Assuming his range is AA/KK/QQ most likely and perhaps AK/JJ, what do you do? (Edit: It's perhaps possible he has AQ or 1010 too) You know you're very likely dominated, but it's pretty cheap. See a flop and reassess then, or just dump it here and now?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:39:35 AM by Table Manners » Logged
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »

I call here three handed...don't like the button raise much though. I prefer to see flops as cheap as possible shorthanded, unless I hold a monster. I know 3 handed KT off might look a big hand but I don't like it much.
I call and reasses on the flop...mainly call because I have position though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »

You're definitely calling here to see if you can hit the flop smack in the nuts.

If you only get a little bit of it, or miss it completely you can let it go and move on.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:22:01 PM »

defo call. you have position and may get checked to if he flops a set which his monster. which may give you a free card to hit a straight ect.
Table Manners

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »

thanks for the posts.
That confirms what I thought anyway. I called, flopped the nut str8 (9 J Q) on a rainbow board and took all his chips. He didn't show (and you can't check on mansion), but he said he had AA, which I believe. He said I made an abismal call pre flop, which I argued against and I just wanted to check what you guys thought. Thanks.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:28:14 AM »

thanks for the posts.
That confirms what I thought anyway. I called, flopped the nut str8 (9 J Q) on a rainbow board and took all his chips. He didn't show (and you can't check on mansion), but he said he had AA, which I believe. He said I made an abismal call pre flop, which I argued against and I just wanted to check what you guys thought. Thanks.

Hope you called him an overplaying mug. He minimum raises 3 handed with AA and then whinges when he gets into trouble. And what a board to marry AA on anyways.

IMO, always call. Then type ship/holla and hope he reloads on the boil Smiley
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »

thanks for the posts.

Hope you called him an overplaying mug. He minimum raises 3 handed with AA and then whinges when he gets into trouble. And what a board to marry AA on anyways.

IMO, always call. Then type ship/holla and hope he reloads on the boil Smiley

agreed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: