blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Another Simple One ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Simple One ?  (Read 846 times)
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:02:23 PM »

mid to late stages of online MTT - started with 400 players, around 80 left. Table is getting a bit tight.

Average chips is about 7-8K you have 5.3K Blinds 200/400.

You are UTG  + 1 with A3 o/s

Raise 1200 to 1600, all folds round to the BB who after his BB has been posted has 4.4K. He pushes all-in.

what do you do ?

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »

Just shy of 3 to 1 odds for just shy of half your remaining stack.

30% dog against any hand that dominates you like the bigger aces and pocket pairs (cept aces) racing against anything else.  (and he could have a selction of mince from the BB)

Clear call for the LAG I reckon

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

mid to late stages of online MTT - started with 400 players, around 80 left. Table is getting a bit tight.

Average chips is about 7-8K you have 5.3K Blinds 200/400.

You are UTGĀ  + 1 with A3 o/s

Raise 1200 to 1600, all folds round to the BB who after his BB has been posted has 4.4K. He pushes all-in.

what do you do ?

I don't like the pre-flop raise, especially from UTG+1 but I guess you did that because the table got tight. It's a fold for me but only because I would have chucked it away pre-flop.
I wouldn't risk half my stack on A3 off..but if you did (as Tank pointed out) it's not the worst call ever made and you still have some chips back to do some damage.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

actually the roles are reversed (sneaky eh ?)

I was the guy in the BB, facing the UTG + 1 raise. I didnt like the raise, and pushed.

question is, what range of hands would you need to have here to justify the push ?

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:59:29 AM »

AQ+ and JJ+. UTG likely has a hand (most of the time) and you dont have enough FE.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:49:24 AM »

question is, what range of hands would you need to have here to justify the push ?

Any two if you think he's at it. Against a solid player I would agree with Alex and say AQ+ but if you have some sort of read on this guy and you can put him on a weak ace then any two is the only correct answer I think. (If you know he can lay it down!!!!) This is exactly the sort of situation where I find myself in a tourney a lot; On the BB with a half hand (or with very little but I think they are both live) but faced with a raise from someone in Early position and, even though I might think he might be at it I don't stick them all in.

Like I said, If you think UTG+1 can lay down his hand if you push it's a push with any two cards.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: