blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How would you have played this......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would you have played this......  (Read 805 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »

its a $10 rebuy your down to 15 players and have a round 60k in chips average is probably around the 38k mark. 

Your in the SB and pick up As and decide to see a flop but the BB has min re-raised blinds where 600/1200 the flop comes down A T J rainbow UTG also came into the pot so there is 7200 in the pot and the BB bets out 13,000.  Now your line of thought here is that its a scared bet definately don'thave him on an ace.  Your thinking maybe a pocket pair you where thig KK, QQ, JJ maybe even TT pre flop u have ruled out AK as you thought that would be a bigger bet pre flop. 

Having thought this through your ruling out a set and are convince he has KK and you push putting your opponent all in he still has 28k back so your thinking that if he has KK and your thinking he has to fole it.  He takes for what seems an eternity to make a decision he types in chat box "you have an A" this again re-confirms your suspicion he doesnt have the Ace. 

barhell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »

its a $10 rebuy your down to 15 players and have a round 60k in chips average is probably around the 38k mark. 

Your in the SB and pick up As and decide to see a flop but the BB has min re-raised blinds where 600/1200 the flop comes down A T J rainbow UTG also came into the pot so there is 7200 in the pot and the BB bets out 13,000.  Now your line of thought here is that its a scared bet definately don'thave him on an ace.  Your thinking maybe a pocket pair you where thig KK, QQ, JJ maybe even TT pre flop u have ruled out AK as you thought that would be a bigger bet pre flop. 

Having thought this through your ruling out a set and are convince he has KK and you push putting your opponent all in he still has 28k back so your thinking that if he has KK and your thinking he has to fole it.  He takes for what seems an eternity to make a decision he types in chat box "you have an A" this again re-confirms your suspicion he doesnt have the Ace. 
Is there a punchline?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:44:57 AM »

easy fold for me

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 03:20:17 AM »

Brave play, I think I would have given him credit for the bigger ace.

Min-raising with KK is unlikely play for the BB IMO. He doesn't want multi way action in this sort of pot with KK.

I think you may have gotten him off a medium ace.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:48:17 AM »

LOL?
Dont know where to start.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »

This wasn't a hand i was involved in it was one i watched being played.

Anyway the BB did have Kings - now put yourself in his shoes you have put in a bet and been re-raised for all your chips your 5 from the money and there re more players with short stacks then there are out chipping you - do you call if so why?  Or do u give SB the credit for an Ace

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

This wasn't a hand i was involved in it was one i watched being played.

Anyway the BB did have Kings - now put yourself in his shoes you have put in a bet and been re-raised for all your chips your 5 from the money and there re more players with short stacks then there are out chipping you - do you call if so why?  Or do u give SB the credit for an Ace

the guy with the Kings played it very poorly. The min raise is terrible but OK he's done it..now that the Ace comes down you can't call.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »

Agree that KK played it poor.

Not enough pre-flop, too much on the flop.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: