blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Whats your move?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats your move?  (Read 798 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »

£50 freezeout, table has been quite tight.  U pick up on the button the blinds are 50/100 and the cut of makes it 500 to go you call as does UTG.  Your impression of the raiser is that of a maniac and who seems to think Ace high is the nuts.  This assumption is not based on this tournament in isolation but based on a number of different hands you have played with the player in question.

Anyway the flop comes down UTG checks and the c/o now bets 3k into a 1500 pot. 

Whats your move?  Is it a call, fold or re-raise?   

dime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:55:07 PM »

On some days I'd fold now (I don't know your stack sizes but I'm guessing its fairly deep stacked so there will be plenty of play left if you pass) on others I'd take the bet as saying "I don't have a great hand, I want this pot now". If there was just the two of you left a call could be an option (particuly if you both have few thousand left at this stage, if he's drawing he'll find it much harder to call the turn if a brick comes down) but as there is another player I think its either raise or fold. I'm feeling aggressive today so I'd say go for it, if he's hit trips you have loads of outs, if he's drawing you have a made hand and he has to get lucky. The only reason I think you can be conservative is if there is plenty of play left, otherwise raise.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:56 AM »

Ship. All, day, long.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:36:43 AM »

Ship. All, day, long.

Yep there's no way I'm passing this against a maniac who could very well be betting with A8 and all that. even if he has an overpair you have outs, I'll take that risk.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: