blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  was this such a bad call
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: was this such a bad call  (Read 2086 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 09:21:03 AM »

I remember reading an article about how poker betting is basically a conversation between players. I love this idea and think this was the kind of conversation you were having here.

ok i got very lucky. oppo had been very aggressive and with the chips already in the pot was this such a bad call  ?

Karaboo: raises to 800
Yeh I've got a hand beeutches. And tats. So fold unless you know what's good for you.

Zulubo001: calls 700
Big wow. You think I fear your tats? Bring it, I've kind of got a hand too. Let's get ready to rumble!

----- FLOP ----- [ Ah ]

Zulubo001: bets 200
Er, like I've got an ace and stuff. No really I do. And you smell of cabbage. Seriously, like fold dude.

Karaboo: raises to 1000
LOL. You think I fold to your lame-ass trash talk. I've so got you beat you mug. Lay down your monkey ass hand now before it all kicks off

Zulubo001: raises to 3345 and is all-in
Caught you matey. I really DO have the ace on this drawless board so just lay the f*** down and I'll be having this pot -tats or no tats you're up a certain creek lacking in paddle-shaped implements

(What you said...)
Karaboo: calls 2345
Wellll I've come a long way......and it's bad for my rep to pass. He is quite aggressive....Maybe he's bs-ing me? I'm getting ok pot odds.....feck it I call...NO ONE MOCKS MY TATS

(What you should have said)

Ok.. This was a bad flop for me and I asked you the question and you told me the answer. The question being "Have you hit you dirty little 3 outer on the flop you sunuffabeech?" The answer being "I sure have senor booder muahhahahaha"
That's ok. I am a legend with powerful self control and will rise again. You got lucky this time but I am going to nail your ass to the wall later. Watch your step sonny. Over and out.....

Karaboo:[cries a little] folds.

Smiley

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »

lol

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 11:32:08 AM »

The key to the hand here for me is the raise to 100 post flop.

As junglecat says its a conversation that is going on here. The weak lead is clearly a trap (now we can see the cards), which you fall for by raising it 1K.

This leaves the question if you are already pot-comitted at this point - with 1800 already committed and 2.3K back with blinds of 100/200 then I would say no, but it is a marginal call. For me it shows that the 1K raise was too big, and probably a bad move. A call here wouldnt be unreasonable (keep the pot small, and if he goes all-in on the turn then its easier to get away from it).

But you won it, so GIRUT.

Smiley

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 04:27:44 PM »

I remember reading an article about how poker betting is basically a conversation between players. I love this idea and think this was the kind of conversation you were having here.

ok i got very lucky. oppo had been very aggressive and with the chips already in the pot was this such a bad callĀ  ?

Karaboo: raises to 800
Yeh I've got a hand beeutches. And tats. So fold unless you know what's good for you.

Zulubo001: calls 700
Big wow. You think I fear your tats? Bring it, I've kind of got a hand too. Let's get ready to rumble!

----- FLOP ----- [ Ah ]

Zulubo001: bets 200
Er, like I've got an ace and stuff. No really I do. And you smell of cabbage. Seriously, like fold dude.

Karaboo: raises to 1000
LOL. You think I fold to your lame-ass trash talk. I've so got you beat you mug. Lay down your monkey ass hand now before it all kicks off

Zulubo001: raises to 3345 and is all-in
Caught you matey. I really DO have the ace on this drawless board so just lay the f*** down and I'll be having this pot -tats or no tats you're up a certain creek lacking in paddle-shaped implements

(What you said...)
Karaboo: calls 2345
Wellll I've come a long way......and it's bad for my rep to pass. He is quite aggressive....Maybe he's bs-ing me? I'm getting ok pot odds.....feck it I call...NO ONE MOCKS MY TATS

(What you should have said)

Ok.. This was a bad flop for me and I asked you the question and you told me the answer. The question being "Have you hit you dirty little 3 outer on the flop you sunuffabeech?" The answer being "I sure have senor booder muahhahahaha"
That's ok. I am a legend with powerful self control and will rise again. You got lucky this time but I am going to nail your ass to the wall later. Watch your step sonny. Over and out.....

Karaboo:[cries a little] folds.

Smiley

post of the year nomination. quality
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: