blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  was this such a bad call
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: was this such a bad call  (Read 2101 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »

ok i got very lucky. oppo had been very aggressive and with the chips already in the pot was this such a bad call  ?

Game #3873198063: Hold'em NL (100/200) - 2007/04/25 - 14:43:44 (UK)
Table "3" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: Yvonne001 (9000 in chips)
Seat 3: Karaboo (6175 in chips)
Seat 5: Zulubo001 (4145 in chips)
Seat 6: deno20 (1405 in chips)
Seat 7: Snakerlys (4670 in chips)
Seat 8: helle (7162.50 in chips)
Seat 9: Djin2 (9275 in chips)
Seat 10: Eyesight: (6175 in chips)
Zulubo001: posts small blind 100
deno20: posts big blind 200
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Karaboo [ ]
Snakerlys: folds
helle: folds
Djin2: folds
Eyesight:: calls 200
Yvonne001: folds
Karaboo: raises to 800
Zulubo001: calls 700
deno20: folds
Eyesight:: folds
----- FLOP ----- [ Ah ]
Zulubo001: bets 200
Karaboo: raises to 1000
Zulubo001: raises to 3345 and is all-in
Karaboo: calls 2345
----- TURN ----- [ Ah ][]
----- RIVER ----- [ Ah ][]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Zulubo001: shows [As ] (Two Pairs, Aces and Queens, Eight high)
Karaboo: shows [ ] (Three of a kind, Queens, Ace high)
Karaboo collected 8690 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot 8690 Main pot 8690 Rake 0
Board [ Ah ]
Seat 1: Yvonne001 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Karaboo (button) showed [ ] and won (8690) with Three of a kind, Queens, Ace high
Seat 5: Zulubo001 (small blind) showed [As ] and lost with Two Pairs, Aces and Queens, Eight high
Seat 6: deno20 (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Snakerlys folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: helle folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Djin2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: Eyesight: folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »

probably

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »

Sorry to sound rude but yes.

I quite like your raise to 1000 on the flop, because his bet of 200 would have annoyed me aswell, so id have made it 800/1000 representing the ace.

But then you gotta fold when he moves in telling you he in fact he has AK or AQ, slight possibility of AJ.

Impossible to be a hero and call imo with absolutely no draws out there.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:06:42 PM by Horneris » Logged

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »

i dont like the raise to 1000 personally on the flop.

the 200 bet he makes makes me think hes got the ace and is trying to get a reraise out of you.
personally id look to fold but for 200 you must call and hope to set on the turn which did happen.

i can understand your call after committing 1000 on the turn for total of 1800 invested calling his all in for 2300 more isnt the worst play in the world but its a big gamble as hes almost certainly got the ace.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »

Sorry to sound rude but yes.

I quite like your raise to 1000 on the flop, because his bet of 200 would have annoyed me aswell, so id have made it 800/1000 representing the ace.

But then you gotta fold when he moves in telling you he in fact he has AK or AQ, slight possibility of AJ.

Impossible to be a hero and call imo with absolutely no draws out there.

Except maybe the queen on the river?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »

calling his all in for 2300 more isnt the worst play in the world but its a big gamble as hes almost certainly got the ace.

How is it not the worst play in the world to call 2300 to hit a 2 outer/8% shot.

His investment of 1800 cant justify calling another 2300 with an 8% chance of winning the pot when you have admitted yourself that the other guy clearly has an ace minimum, possibily also a set. Maybe this argument could be made if you thought you had a 25/30% shot to win the pot, but definetly not for 8/9.

Maybe you had a good point in just calling the pathetic 200 bet on the flop to try and hit the set though. There would be the odds for this. Good point there.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »

calling his all in for 2300 more isnt the worst play in the world but its a big gamble as hes almost certainly got the ace.

How is it not the worst play in the world to call 2300 to hit a 2 outer/8% shot.

His investment of 1800 cant justify calling another 2300 with an 8% chance of winning the pot when you have admitted yourself that the other guy clearly has an ace minimum, possibily also a set. Maybe this argument could be made if you thought you had a 25/30% shot to win the pot, but definetly not for 8/9.

Maybe you had a good point in just calling the pathetic 200 bet on the flop to try and hit the set though. There would be the odds for this. Good point there.

I agree..unless you're up againstr the table donk who would do this with pockets tens or something you can't possibly call.

I

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

I don't think its as bad as some folk are making out.  Definately not the best but sometimes you you need to get lucky to get lucky.

Consider the following your opponent bets 200 into a pot of 2000, giving thatyou have already raised pre flop he must put you on either a pocket pair or A-X now the X here could be anything.  He bets 10/% of the pot on the flop thats a very weak bet to me and you re-raise which is fine.  I don't think that you will win longterm if you pass every time an Ace appears on the flop - you can't always assume your opponent has an Ace.  I don't think matey here played the hand particuarly well.  Now when you have raised a thousand there is 3200 in the middle and matey boy pushes for another 2.5k making the both somewhere just short of 6k so its 2.5 k for you to go to win a pot of around about 8k effectively your what 3.5/1 now theboard isn't showing much in regards to draws etc! 

If you had managed to get it all in pre flop then your a favourite to win the hand.  The best hand pre-flop stood up.  console yourself with that :-)

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 07:17:08 PM »

The fact that there's no draws out there makes the call worse, as it means the opponent can't be gambling on a flush or straight draw.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »

I don't think its as bad as some folk are making out.  Definately not the best but sometimes you you need to get lucky to get lucky.

Consider the following your opponent bets 200 into a pot of 2000, giving thatyou have already raised pre flop he must put you on either a pocket pair or A-X now the X here could be anything.  He bets 10/% of the pot on the flop thats a very weak bet to me and you re-raise which is fine.  I don't think that you will win longterm if you pass every time an Ace appears on the flop - you can't always assume your opponent has an Ace.  I don't think matey here played the hand particuarly well.  Now when you have raised a thousand there is 3200 in the middle and matey boy pushes for another 2.5k making the both somewhere just short of 6k so its 2.5 k for you to go to win a pot of around about 8k effectively your what 3.5/1 now theboard isn't showing much in regards to draws etc! 

If you had managed to get it all in pre flop then your a favourite to win the hand.  The best hand pre-flop stood up.  console yourself with that :-)

what? assuming the other guys has some idea what he's doing you can not call his bet unless you see him make moves like this without the Ace. 3.5-1 isn't even close enough to pot odds to draw to a 2 outer if you know the guy can't be drawing.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 12:31:21 AM »

its a bit of a rough call mate thb. I also reraise the flop tho not that much, a min raise back will tell you he has the ace or better.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »

donk lead followed by a 3-bet allin on that board...I'd say you are ahead here almost never
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »

lol its not the worst play in the world is it! calling 2300 with 0 outs would be wouldnt it?

if you think he can fold for 2300 more(which i agree he can) then maybe the other guy thought this to and was bluffing in the hope booder would fold and does have an ace either therefore making booders call better than 8% as in fact he would be winning
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:50:17 AM by inthebelly » Logged

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »

lol its not the worst play in the world is it! calling 2300 with 0 outs would be wouldnt it?

if you think he can fold for 2300 more(which i agree he can) then maybe the other guy thought this to and was bluffing in the hope booder would fold and does have an ace either therefore making booders call better than 8% as in fact he would be winning

The point I am making though is we can't always lay down a big holding when an Ace comes down on the flop for all we know matey could be at it.  My point was the call wasn't as bad as some made it out to be, sure if he thinks matey has the ace then he's in a lot of trouble and has a 2 outer!

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »

donk lead followed by a 3-bet allin on that board...I'd say you are ahead here almost never
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: