blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Was this the right play?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was this the right play?  (Read 1144 times)
JoeStrummer

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »

This has been bugging me all night and i am thinking was this the corect play in the given circumstances...................

So, i`m playing in a live 20 quid freezeout 70+ players start. I have been picking up a few pots here and there, not getting into any races and confidence was high. Were down to the last two tables, 7 on each. Blinds 1000/2000. Im on the button with 12K in chips and pick up..

Everyone folds to me and I flat call. SB calls, BB checks. Flop

SB around 20ish K in chips, Checks, The guy had ben playing fairly tight but if he made a move it was generally all in pre flop. BB, who had been raising up quite a lot, 16K in chips, plus he nearly got knocked out on a previous table right at the start of the tournie with but hit a straight flush calling an all in against AA pre flop, takes a deep breath and says "im all in". Now, because of his previous plays i put him on a flush draw or maybe 10x, anyway i call. The SB then starts huffing and puffing, count his chips at least three times and (seemingly) reluctantly calls.

SB has 

BB has 

Turn  Smiley

River  Two Diamonds Sad

Now, obviously this cost me the tournie but like I said its been bugging me, The put of 36K, even though a bit under odds for my draw and I held a diamond, looked good enough for me. i was wondering given the above circumstances what would people have done?

Thanks in advance.

“When you’re down on your chips, pick your spot and push. In fact I can’t remember the last time I was behind pre flop when I have done this; unfortunately the rest is up to the gods” A. Mason 2007
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »

ur getting very low

looks like u had to move with this and would appear very unlucky..If u pass this are u really expecting to pick up a premium hand in the next 4 or 5 hands,,if not u are down to 7000 in chips when the blinds pass and even if u double up from there you are still struggling..

so the correct move was call in my limited opinion

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:38:55 PM »

Shove pre?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 04:19:23 PM »

Shove pre?

I agree - every time

If one of the blinds calls with any pair, any ace, any broadway, you get called about half the time and win about 40% of the time against that range.  So that adds up to ev+
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:39:46 PM by doubleup » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »

This has been bugging me all night and i am thinking was this the corect play in the given circumstances...................

So, i`m playing in a live 20 quid freezeout 70+ players start. I have been picking up a few pots here and there, not getting into any races and confidence was high. Were down to the last two tables, 7 on each. Blinds 1000/2000. Im on the button with 12K in chips and pick up..

Everyone folds to me and I flat call.

Limping on button with QJo with only 6BBs is never the right play.

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

Everyone folds to me and I flat call.

stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »

the first thing you got to address is how short you are with only 12k  you only have one *normal move* and given the hands you are up agaist a push-pre you are getting called by one of them its easy to say after the hand but i tend not to push with QJ type of hands in this situation because someone may gamble with you with any A, but with your chips and pos i might just play it slightly diffrently id raise to 5k total pre-flop and push 7k in regardless of the flop to give myself 2 chances to win the pre-flop raise gets rid of any stupid hands  the bet on the flop and they have to have hit something to call you, you can even push 7k on the turn but this isnt so good an option because it gives them 1 more card to hit

just my 2 cents
stu

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
RichD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »

As has been said several times, its a insta-shove IMO.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: