blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Many thanks to all
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Many thanks to all  (Read 23125 times)
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »

What a fantastic weekend:

Thanks to all the mods for making it happen. Knowing how much effort you all put into this and seeing the stress some of you went through last night I take my hat off to you   (If you need a hand in the planning of BB5, I would be more than happy to help)

Special thanks to Ironside for being perfect company all weekend and introducing nicky and I to virtually everyone in Luton........ Next time dinner's on me thumbs up

My list of thank yous is endless, so i'll stop now for fear of insulting anyone by exclusion.

Tank you Blonde

Nice to met you Delboy, I really enjoyed that sit n go we played in. All the best to you and the good lady.

ps, im still wilfing....

You too, that was a funny SnG, although I was only the time keeper for half of it..

Since the Wilfing discussion, I've decided i need help!!!!!!!! Currently saving for a fortnight at the priory!!!! I wonder how they treat it?

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=23070.new#new

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KeithyB

It's a Euro Rover...old man!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »

Wow...my first blonde bash, enjoyed it immensely and can't wait for another. Especially gutted at having to come away before the quiz.   Cry

Fantastic to meet so many friendly people in person that I only knew through Blonde such as Kev, Suzanne, Tighty, Dewi, Poppet, Charmaine, Sheriff, Noflops, Bongo, Harmony & Rainbow. Apologies for any I've missed. 

Not forgetting my awesome teammates Claire, Scott, Matt and Mark with our inspiring team dress code.....Go Team Chorlton!!   We went alright!!    dad dont dance

Also great fun to watch some live players in action and see how they played.  I particularly enjoyed a great HU game between the contrasting styles of ( I think ) Vinni and AndrewT.

Three Extra Special Thankyous :-

Bainn - for taking the time and trouble to explain exactly what was happening and where I should go etc. Being a bash virgin who'd never even played live before meant I had no idea what was going on and his help was very much appreciated.

Ironside - for looking after Helen, making her feel involved so that she wasn't alone whilst I abandoned her to play.

L3on -  for his great company at the table and also reminding me my blind was due!

Things I Learned At BB4

That live play is a bit like learning a new language in that you have a basic idea of what's going on but don't really feel comfortable with it when you actually visit the country for the first time!

However I appear to be much luckier in live play than online.  ( Apologies here to SuffolkPunch, FourKingNutz and NoFlops after my HU games with them - guys you know what I'm saying! )

Also Dave Compton is much bigger in real life than I'd imagined from seeing him on the telly whereas Johnny Gould seems to be much smaller!  Work that one out!

I can recognise Bongo from his avatar!

and.........Flushy live is actually a really top bloke!!!

Funniest Moment

Lots of these but top for me had to be Matt having to retrieve his crystal monkey from Rainbow's cleavage. ( And yes folks he performed admirably to complete the rescue in just less than five minutes! ).  The lengths these HU opponents went to in attempting to put Team Chorlton out of their stride!   

Poor Matt was then later subjected, in the same match to having Poppet "you're my friend, don't beat my mum" in one ear and Claire "you've got to take it down Matt" in the other!  How he came through that match unscathed I'll never know.   

Finally.....

It would be totally out of order to end this post in any other way than to thank all those good and great people involved in setting up and running the whole thing. A phenomenal effort  and hugely appreciated...... thanks all.   
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2007, 08:40:27 PM »

Was great meeting you Keith  Smiley i must say the 1 and only table i played on during the comp was friendly , helpful and helped me relax no end .
See you at bB5 !!!!

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »

Also great fun to watch some live players in action and see how they played.  I particularly enjoyed a great HU game between the contrasting styles of ( I think ) Vinni and AndrewT.

That match was great fun. Vinni never stopped talking all the way through ('Could you not get a jacket that fit you? Never mind, son, you'll grow into it soon. It's a laugh this, int it?' etc).

Contrasting styles is certainly a good description. I don't think there was a single bet on any flop or turn - both always went check/check. Then it was simply a case of me deciding when to pick off his river bluffs. I managed to get more right than wrong (or at least win more when I was right than lose when I was wrong) but I've never played so passively in all my life.

Tremendous fun though.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

Ironside - for looking after Helen, making her feel involved so that she wasn't alone whilst I abandoned her to play.

the pleasure was all mine

although she was MIA when i returned from my travels i hope she didnt feel too out of place

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
KeithyB

It's a Euro Rover...old man!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »

the pleasure was all mine

although she was MIA when i returned from my travels i hope she didnt feel too out of place

No, she really enjoyed herself but was feeling very tired and so I walked her back to the hotel about nine.

She missed all the heads up glory but to be fair she'd had a work do on Thurs till 3am, followed by singing till 2am Fri, then 90 mins karate on Saturday morning!   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: