blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash Game Hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash Game Hand  (Read 1342 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:08:00 AM »

2  blondes involved in this hand, but I am interested in what you think of my play and that of the other players.  Whats their calling range - raising range etc?

Its a £1/£2 NLHE cash game the table is pretty mixed you have myself, tank, turkish thomas (often a maniac) some foreign dude (the table fish) and tight ross as well as tony (solid player - bug getting frustrated.

Your UTG the gun and straddle for £4 then its £8 from Turkish Thomas, Tight Ross calls the £8 so to does Tony and also Tank and the Foreign Fish its back to me I look down and I find amd make it £60 to go, Turkish Thomas makes it another £150 on top folds round to Foreign Fish who calls and I push for another £86 on top what is Turkish Thomas's range for calling and also for re-raising my initial £60 raise?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:32:56 AM »

2  blondes involved in this hand, but I am interested in what you think of my play and that of the other players.  Whats their calling range - raising range etc?

Its a £1/£2 NLHE cash game the table is pretty mixed you have myself, tank, turkish thomas (often a maniac) some foreign dude (the table fish) and tight ross as well as tony (solid player - bug getting frustrated.

Your UTG the gun and straddle for £4 then its £8 from Turkish Thomas, Tight Ross calls the £8 so to does Tony and also Tank and the Foreign Fish its back to me I look down and I find amd make it £60 to go, Turkish Thomas makes it another £150 on top folds round to Foreign Fish who calls and I push for another £86 on top what is Turkish Thomas's range for calling and also for re-raising my initial £60 raise?

Seeing as he's nuts any two suited cards...I however would say QQ+

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »

AA and KK
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »

You have straddled, then it has been re straddled.

No one has shown any strength and now there is £54 in the pot, and you raise it to £60 - this could be seen as a steal attempt at the dead £54 in the middle, so the re rasing hand could be a re steal so his hand range is "any two cards"

As for the fish, well his holding could be anything from a small pair to a suited ace.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »

The maniac as I referred to was Turkish Thomas he had AQ suited and the fish had J 7 off. 

So lets go back to the beginning after the initial straddle how do you play the KK?

Shoulld I have raised more or was my raise sufficient do u think to take the pot down?  and then when it re-raised is anyone passing in this position and walking out the game with a profit or are you shipping this all in.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »

The maniac as I referred to was Turkish Thomas he had AQ suited and the fish had J 7 off. 

So lets go back to the beginning after the initial straddle how do you play the KK?

Shoulld I have raised more or was my raise sufficient do u think to take the pot down?  and then when it re-raised is anyone passing in this position and walking out the game with a profit or are you shipping this all in.

you made it a roughly potsized bet...at this table I probably would have made it slightly more but against these players it doesn't make that much difference..and damn straight I would be calling these guys if I had KK.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:06:38 PM »

You got two worse hand involved with you for the lot preflop. Thats all you can do. 50p please.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »

bandit you could have raised £500 and thomas still wouldnt lay down AQ , as for the table fish well he could have any 2 random cards which he did, i take it the flop was AJ7? lol

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

bandit you could have raised £500 and thomas still wouldnt lay down AQ , as for the table fish well he could have any 2 random cards which he did, i take it the flop was AJ7? lol

No mate flop was safe and Thomas runner runnered a flush!! 

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

Although Im cheating coz I saw the hand play out, it was obvious the foreign dude had pish and that Thomas either had some sort of small pair or big ace and decided to whack it all in after you raised.  I dont think its anything to do with calling ranges for Thomas, he'll just never lay down AQ suited in a million years.  You couldnt have done anything else.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »

Although Im cheating coz I saw the hand play out, it was obvious the foreign dude had pish and that Thomas either had some sort of small pair or big ace and decided to whack it all in after you raised.  I dont think its anything to do with calling ranges for Thomas, he'll just never lay down AQ suited in a million years.  You couldnt have done anything else.

Ah feck it come on the Fasch!  That would have been a nice pot to take home though.

The most annoying thing was I had called time and had the chips seperated into pure profit and a wee bit of donking money for the next 5 minutes then I pick up a monster.  The fact I never even seen the flush on the river made it worse cos I was about to let out a wee whoop when I seen Thomas reaching for the chips!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: